Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

beggers ?

Old
beggers ? - Thu Jun 07, 2012, 07:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
Hi i wasn't sure which section of the forum to post this , so i thought id take pot luck and hope the amazing mods would move it to the correct place ,lol my apologies.
For the last 2 weeks i have been asked in chat by no fewer than 8 different observers to send money, i do not know these people they are just random people,(who i don't seem to be able to find when i search through pokerstars find a player feature or any of the pokerschool skill leagues)
begging for money basically, i have seen them ask at least 3 people at the same table on a few occasions, i normally politely decline the offer, but today i was asked again by another random stranger to send them cash and instead of the polite decline of his offer i thought i would just tell him to clear off and called him a beggar!, his reply to me was rather obscene to say the least which i don't think i would be allowed to repeat in this post, to be honest this made me laugh so i wasn't offended by his insults to my family who he has never met,and besides he has never met my mum and she is not in the least bit that way either, hence the laughter,he then went on to ask another player and so on,i am not moaning about this to you, nor do i want any advice on how to report this in any way!! i just wanted to know if anybody else has had this happen to them ,as it seems to be happening a lot lately,i have never passed any money so i don't know why they seem to like asking me, they obviously havent seen my bankroll as its nothing special! thanks for listening

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 08:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
***moved to more appropriate section JWK24***

Hi joustinc!

If players are doing this, there are two things that you can do.

1) call the table chat mod

2) take the relevant hand histories and send them to support@pokerstars.com along with an explanation of what they were doing.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Thu Jun 07, 2012 at 08:24 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 09:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi joustinc.

Thanks for your post.
As john has said the best approach is to call a moderator to your table when this happens.

It is a well know problem in chat for players to beg for chips/money from other players, they appear to go from table to table and continue until someone calls a moderator at which point they usually disappear.

You may like to know that players who repeatedly ask for chips/money from other players are committing a chat violation and after table education by a moderator can either receive a formal warning by email, or for persistant beggers can lose there chat facility.

You can if you wish always contact chat@PokerStars for any chat chat problems, they will be happy to help you.

Hope this helps

Tony

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 09:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
wheez of the week! thanks, joustinc!

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 10:53 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Happens to me too, but I just wonder how pathetic their lives are! I've never given a "player" begging money but when I started playing on Pstars someone actually liked my play and put $.25 into my account! I've never forgotten this and ocassionally, I too will deposit some chump change into their account if they seem like a decent player(plays well,no bs,not mouthy. etc.) who just needs a bit of inspiration.Good Karma I think.Screw the beggars,they're usually the kind that shove in every hand(gee,why are they broke?).Report to Mods,let them handle it. GL ALL

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
I cite security concerns, if they carry on asking i enquire about what "services" they might be prepared to perform for me!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com