Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

My 30k sngs in 30 days

Old
My 30k sngs in 30 days - Thu Jun 07, 2012, 10:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
Hello there I set a goal at the start of this month to hit 30k sngs in 30 days. I'm so far 7days in. I have this is another poker thread and when on day 5 I felt like giving up seeing the adaboy's and gl wishes made me carry on.

It's been hard and the worst is yet to come I'm sure.

Here is the background:

There is some hype around some guy playing 40k hypers in a month, and this seems to have stirred up some fire in my belly. So starting on June 1st 00:00 UK time i plan on playing 1k games per day = 30k games for the month

The most I previously played in a month was 10k $7 hypers in March where I set myself a 15,000 game target. So i missed that one. I find that I have to set myself some sort of volume goal as otherwise I play very little or not at all. In march I was 12-14 tabling and did not play for very long every day.

I was happy to try my self imposed challenge in silence, but someone tried talking me into posting about my goal for June. After some reluctance I figured the bit of extra pressure from looking a fool would make me grind harder and decrease my chance of failure. There is no prop bet as that would not motivate me to play more or less. It's the thought of personal failure that will push me on.

Plus, I'm adding a little twist to the volume to make it slightly more interesting for myself. I'm leaving only $50 in my poker account and starting at 1.50s and I guess making 10c a game there would mean I mix in the 3.50s after only a few days or so, and so on up the stakes. So I might have to check my cashier more often than the once a month I like doing. I think checking the cashier only at the start of a session is the way forward to see what stakes i should be playing for that specific session.

As I'm starting at the micro $1.50 level, I suppose there will be a few people from here in my games. I genuinely wish you luck at my tables, unfortunately I'm also a compulsive liar.

I plan on 12-14 tabling at the start as i have done it b4 and will mix in more if I can. 12-14 tabling is about 70 games p/hr if i remember right from march, so all i know is that's a sh**load of hours i got to play for. Plus, I've still got some other non poker stuff to do through the month so don't have 100% of time devoted to this but think I'm about 60/40 to achieve this personal goal.

It may not relevant but I have been polyphasic sleeping for over 6 months now. Although my sleeping routine has changed over the past 6 months, I am currently on a 3 hour core nap (3-6am) with 3x20 minute naps spread through the day totalling 4 hours of sleep. I only dropped to 3 naps a week ago, as I was taking 4-5 naps per day with my 3 hour core. I expect therefore with the strain/stress of grinding for so long that my body will need more than these 3x20minutes naps (not fully adjusted to 3 naps yet) so will probably end up doing a 3 hour core with 4-5 naps during the challenge, depending on what my body tells me it needs.

It is unlikely that I will update daily as I will be focusing on grinding out the games. I recently released my SharkScope stats so it will be quite easy to look them up anyway. Just remember that I am in the UK and am doing this by UK time so you might be a few games out. Although I'm not playing on the 31st May (today) so if you do search you can get an accurate representation of my results by searching from the 31st May 2012.

I converted most fpp's I had left a few days ago but had enough for a couple of satellites so converted them yesterday. You can see my cashier has $39 and $11 tournament dollars in it equalling my $50 starting roll.

And after 7 days this is the update of my hem/cashier, of which hem is a little off as it still has me playing a couple of games even tough they finished.

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 10:21 PM
(#2)
I can copy over other images if there's interest in seeing them

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 10:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi fifithecat!

Welcome to the forum!

That's an ambitious schedule. Good luck with it!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 10:43 PM
(#4)
Hi,

Sounds like a crazy hard challenge man. But off to an awesome start.

Keep it up. I'll be sure to check back in.

Good Luck
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 11:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
3 hours of sleep with four or five 20 minute naps?? You are obviously quite young, this would be a killing pace (literally) for someone my age ( old enough for grandchildren).

Interesting challenge, though, good luck.

Old
Best of Luck! - Fri Jun 08, 2012, 12:37 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
I enjoy following challenges like this one. The first one I found was in the PokerStars blog by Boku87.

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 12:58 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifithecat View Post

I was happy to try my self imposed challenge in silence, but someone tried talking me into posting about my goal for June. After some reluctance I figured the bit of extra pressure from looking a fool would make me grind harder and decrease my chance of failure. There is no prop bet as that would not motivate me to play more or less. It's the thought of personal failure that will push me on.
Hey, so thx for sharing!! It's always inspiring to be able to follow people doing interesting things. And so awesome to see all that hard work already paying off for you in terms of your roll!!!

7 days down ... that means you're already 1/4 through - if you've played anywhere close to 7,500 games already, then that right there's already an awesome achievement ... I mean like heck, it took me 2 months to complete 220 SNG's

Good Luck!!

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 04:43 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
3 hours of sleep with four or five 20 minute naps?? You are obviously quite young, this would be a killing pace (literally) for someone my age ( old enough for grandchildren).

Interesting challenge, though, good luck.

you don't sound a day over 28

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 04:45 AM
(#9)
and thanks all for the support, it's this that has kept me going for a while now. just trying to get to 10 days now and am running on goodluck's.

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 05:00 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
and thanks all for the support, it's this that has kept me going for a while now. just trying to get to 10 days now and am running on goodluck's.
Really amazing stuff!!!

Wishing you good runnings!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 05:30 AM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
I think I heard about this challenge on the Pokercast Podcast.

I'll try and make a few of your games and hopefully dent your ROI but I sincerely hope you achieve your grind. That is some sick hours to put in and well above any mere mortal.

Good lck with your challenge.

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 05:41 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
I think I heard about this challenge on the Pokercast Podcast.
I'd be surprised, there is a guy going for 40k sngs starting in about a week, but he's able to play more tables than me. I got trouble being profitable adding in more. For the past 7 days I keep trying to get in 100 games an hour and drop 30-50 buyins or so every time. I have decided that I just have to put in 16 hours of poker a day and 12 table. Hopefully I'll get at least $1k of game profit and $1k of T$'s when I cash in my fpps in satellites.

Plus, I got a next goal in the back of my head to try and get the first 3 sharkscope 1st places in the hyperturbos. I'm on the 2 cheapest buying at the moment so should get the 1.50s one soon. And would make a dent in the 3.50 one when i start adding them in in the next few days.

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 05:47 AM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2011
I'll listen to this weeks show today and see if you get a mention. I listen to the show every week but don always take it all in, something rings a bell though with your starting balance of $50.

Good luck.

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 09:01 AM
(#14)
Hope people here have a good sense of humour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
I'll try and make a few of your games
come join in, the more fish the higher my roi

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 09:01 AM
(#15)
Since: Apr 2011
sick run m8 gl...cheers r0ck

Old
Sat Jun 09, 2012, 11:38 AM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Sick challenge, amazing start......good luck!

Old
Sat Jun 09, 2012, 12:18 PM
(#17)
Since: Mar 2012
Quote:

It may not relevant but I have been polyphasic sleeping for over 6 months now. Although my sleeping routine has changed over the past 6 months, I am currently on a 3 hour core nap (3-6am) with 3x20 minute naps spread through the day totalling 4 hours of sleep. I only dropped to 3 naps a week ago, as I was taking 4-5 naps per day with my 3 hour core. I expect therefore with the strain/stress of grinding for so long that my body will need more than these 3x20minutes naps (not fully adjusted to 3 naps yet) so will probably end up doing a 3 hour core with 4-5 naps during the challenge, depending on what my body tells me it needs.

I had similar experience, sleeping 4 hours or less for 1 year plus. Lost some muscle mass after that. I felt it took a toll on my image when my friends said I looked much thinner. As much as you want to hit this goal, I hope this sleep deprivation won't go on for long. Awaiting your good news for this challenge. All the best!

Old
Sat Jun 09, 2012, 12:34 PM
(#18)
Good luck with this fifi. I'll try to look in on some don't play hyper turbos as a rule but will take some notes and try a few i guess.

Time to revisit the sit and go videos in the archive ....

Question do you play a mix of 6 and 9 max or is it always 6max?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Sat Jun 09, 2012 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Added Question cos i'm nosy

Old
Sat Jun 09, 2012, 11:40 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeNW View Post
I felt it took a toll on my image when my friends said I looked much thinner.
Rich and slim? That's an image I could live with. May have to try this myself

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 06:33 PM
(#20)
Just managed to finish 10 days in on the challenge. Checking emails and stuff for motivation yesterday and realised this was supposed to be a grinding goal initially so am not looking at my cashier for a while now and just concentrating on grinding the days out.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com