Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Thought i would post this

Old
Thought i would post this - Thu Jun 07, 2012, 10:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Poker Stars Freeroll No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t150/t300 Blinds + t30 - 8 players -

Hero (MP2): t1115 M = 1.62
CO: t2775 M = 4.02
BTN: t598 M = 0.87
SB: t4993 M = 7.24
BB: t7102 M = 10.29
UTG: t12263 M = 17.77
UTG+1: t2450 M = 3.55
MP1: t5340 M = 7.74

Pre Flop: (t690) Hero is MP2 with K :heart: K :club:
3 folds, Hero raises to t1085 all in, 1 fold, BTN calls t568 all in, 1 fold, BB calls t785

Flop: (t3128) 9 :spade: 6 :club: J :spade: (3 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t3128) 8 :spade: (3 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t3128) Q :spade: (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t3128
Hero shows K :heart: K :club: (a pair of Kings)
BTN shows Q :club: Q :diamond: (three of a kind, Queens)
BB shows K :spade: 5 :spade: (a flush, King high)
BB wins t1034
BB wins t2094

I expect one the hand analyzers will say this is a +EV call , ok so i would have lost about half my stack the the QQ, but dont tell me K5 is a good call here .

SEEMs like in the Premier '' Skill '' , if you want to get ahead you should get your chips in bad as often as possible . Virtually everyday , every tourney , get it in good pre flop , on the flop , on the turn , only for the bingo muppet chasers to continually hit their pathetic draws .

Last edited by bearxing; Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: bad link

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 10:31 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to more appropriate forum JWK24***

Hi Frasier!

I totally understand the QQ player calling, K5s for me is an auto-muck to a shove and call. However, the K5s does have 11.7% equity, so will win 11.7% of the time.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
(#3)
God almighty . Yes pokerstove tells us the K5s has about 11% equity , there is really no need to state this .

2 allins ahead of him , K5s , great call

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 11:52 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
he starts the hand with over 23bb's, has to call 2 more bb's getting 3-1 on his money, and you expect him to fold?

It's tough to get peeps with a stack to fold their BB when you're shoving a 3.5bb micro-stack.

Quote:
I expect one the hand analyzers will say this is a +EV call
Against 2 micro-stack shoving ranges getting the price he is, it actually is a marginally +EV call.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Fri Jun 08, 2012 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: math error

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 01:14 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
In a month long ladder climbing scenario like one of the leagues I would probably pass on this spot were I the BB with this hand. Key word---PROBABLY. Not being able to play it I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the Premier League so I can't make a concrete call on what my play would be (when we were in the month---early in this case of course---would factor in,as well as what my points were already for the month).

In any of the $ MTT's and SNG's I've ever played on here I would almost always make this call myself. He's getting 3-1 on his call chips wise and if you range the 2 all-ins as having shoved even as tight as 25% ranges (I agree with Dave here---as small as your and the buttons stacks were it's perfectly reasonable to assume that you could be shoving much wider were this a money game---in the Premier League I wouldn't know how wide a shoving range may be---again,why I can only say I would probably not call in a league setting...) it's NOT a bad call by any means. At least in a cash game scenario.

In the Premier League it may very well be less sound (I'm guessing it most likely is actually...) but this is in no setting anything even approaching a call that I would get my nose bent out of shape over,seeing as it's one with this risk/reward ratio I would make many (most?) times myself.

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 01:29 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
*** moved to more appropriate forum JWK24***

Hi Frasier!

I totally understand the QQ player calling, K5s for me is an auto-muck to a shove and call. However, the K5s does have 11.7% equity, so will win 11.7% of the time.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasierbeams View Post
God almighty . Yes pokerstove tells us the K5s has about 11% equity , there is really no need to state this .

2 allins ahead of him , K5s , great call

He can't KNOW that he's up against KK and QQ so this is really moot anyway. You're query is to the validity of his call and it's perfectly reasonable for him to be ranging BOTH of you as shipping much,much wider than 2 top hands.

I do agree though---no sense bringing up the K5s as having 11.7% equity here as we only know that AFTER the cards are turned over. That's not what the villain was basing his call off of---what he KNEW you two had. He based it (in part...) off what ranges he put you on shipping. And I really think he's only worried mainly about YOUR range here ( I know that would be my main concern) as if he gets the side pot versus you here and loses to the shortie he basically washes anyway.

Like I said---league I don't know,probably a pass for me. But if I have to ponder a call (which even in a league setting I would...) were it me facing it then I can't slough off someone for making said call. And in most any cash MTT or SNG spot I'm making this call---given the effective stack sizes,the fact that I'm getting 3-1 on my money and the expected ranges that you 2 could be shoving here.

Old
Tue Jul 10, 2012, 06:54 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2012
It seems on this game that the underhand will win more times than the overhand. Bullets will be beaten about 70% of the time. It's a joke, it seems the best tactic is to call with anything you will probably hit the turn and the river to take the pot with 5 2 off.

Old
Tue Jul 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
(#8)
Hi RobJFHS11,

played 3 of these this month picked up aces only twice but won both.

On the other hand if you could convince the othe 1998 players to play 5-2o that will be great (for me making a deep run )

Grade b

PS

Welcome to the forums

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com