Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

No triple crown again

Old
No triple crown again - Fri Jun 08, 2012, 12:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
This just broke on news in canada

"i'll have another" has just been taken out of the Belmont stakes, if anybody can follow up also post here,

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 12:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Yes, I just saw it on the daily racing form site, www.drf.com.

I'd have liked to see a triple crown, but if the horse isn't right, I commend the trainer for not running him.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
i was planning a nice Saturday now my wife going to make me help with the yard sale

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 09, 2012, 04:02 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Very Sad day for horse racing enthusiasts for sure, however when you look at it from a different perspective, we're going to see all kinds of his fillies/colts running in 3 or 4 years from now, maybe even the next possible triple crown winner.

For the record, my money is now on the exacta of Dullahan & Street Life. Think my trifecta wager will be Dullahan-Street Life-field, Street Life-Dullahan-field.

Old
Sat Jun 09, 2012, 04:31 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'm using Dullahan, Paynter and My Adonis. I think Union Rags and Street Life might not be able to go 12F.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 09, 2012, 06:19 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I'm using Dullahan, Paynter and My Adonis. I think Union Rags and Street Life might not be able to go 12F.
Street Life came from the back end in the Peter Pan Stakes, and if he'd had more distance, would have won. This horse saves his best for the last part of the race, he'll come from off the pace.

Old
Cool
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 03:12 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post

Looks like it was Dullahan that didn't handle the 12 Furlongs well, although, I will give him that he did get pushed back through the field. I really think the way Union Rags broke badly out of the starting gate in the first 2 legsof the TC made him look bad, but apparently the betting public was on to him as he was almost co-favorite at 5-2 when they went.

Liked the way Street Life ran, but think the Jockey needed to move him earlier.

Well done to Union Rags, will be interested in seeing what the owner & Trainer have in store for him in the future, as there is still a big portion of Stakes races left in the year, and of course, the Breeders Cup which has some huge purse $$.

as for Dullahan and Street Life, we'll have to see what these horses do in their next few races, I would love to see a rematch between Dullahan and Union Rags just to get a fair race and see who the better horse is.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com