Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Transition from $10 mtt online to £300 live

Old
Transition from $10 mtt online to £300 live - Fri Jun 08, 2012, 05:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
I have to play a £300 MTT at the Vic London on the 14th June. As I have only played small buy-in tournaments online any advice would be welcome.

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 06:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HITEMLOW1!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you familiar with the various things that PSO has to offer.

I'm one that has played in tourneys ranging from online freerolls, to WSOP Circuit events. The thing with even the larger tourneys is that you will see all the same types of players that you will in the online tourneys, for example, the $11 Sunday Storm.
Depending on the tourney's structure, there will normally be more patience required live than online. For example, the WSOP Circuits that I've played are 40 minute levels, where you'll normally see a 10-15 min level online. Since the live ones last much longer, etc, make sure that you get a good night's sleep the day before, as that will help.

For how to go about some of the larger tourneys, there are examples in the video section from many of the pros and also the trainers where they do a member review of a tourney that they played themselves or from one that was submitted to them and most will be broken into mulitple parts. For example, Dave 'TheLangolier' has a 5 part series on a Sunday Million that he played or Chris Moneymaker has a 4 part series on the $10k WCOOP that he played.

Good luck in the tourney and let us know what happens to you.

Also, if there are any questions that you have, you can check out the live tourney section of the forum as there are some tips in there that have been posted by some of the members in the past. I'd check out my reply (2nd post) into this thread, as it could help you.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com