Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

bad play?

Old
bad play? - Sun Jun 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
0.25$ 90 man final table ,opponent loose agressive

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi Rome,

I think you played the hand pretty well to be honest. The big stack is going to limp with a wide range here (probably), so once the flop hits you are looking good.

You could probably bet a bit more on the flop (3/4 pot) to price out the flush draw, but essentially you want to get as many chips in the pot as possible, and you did this.

Bad luck on the river, but that happens sometimes.

Cheers,

James

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 11:22 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthefish View Post
Hi Rome,

I think you played the hand pretty well to be honest. The big stack is going to limp with a wide range here (probably), so once the flop hits you are looking good.

You could probably bet a bit more on the flop (3/4 pot) to price out the flush draw, but essentially you want to get as many chips in the pot as possible, and you did this.

Bad luck on the river, but that happens sometimes.

Cheers,

James

Thank you James

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi RomeWu

You played the hand to perfection vs a loose aggressive opponent. I like your bet sizing on the flop it's an amount that a loose aggressive opponent may be inclined to call with most of his range regardless if he connected with the flop.

The only thing I would of changed is your bet sizing on the turn, when we flop 2 pair we are essentially looking for value, if villain had a holding like 7x he might fold to the large bet on the turn, but of course you may have reads on this guy and versus some players you can pretty much bet how much you want and expect to see a call.

Overall nice hand, unlucky, keep it going!

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 02:20 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewMe1 View Post
Hi RomeWu

You played the hand to perfection vs a loose aggressive opponent. I like your bet sizing on the flop it's an amount that a loose aggressive opponent may be inclined to call with most of his range regardless if he connected with the flop.

The only thing I would of changed is your bet sizing on the turn, when we flop 2 pair we are essentially looking for value, if villain had a holding like 7x he might fold to the large bet on the turn, but of course you may have reads on this guy and versus some players you can pretty much bet how much you want and expect to see a call.

Overall nice hand, unlucky, keep it going!
Thank you Chris

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com