Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Folding QQ in the BB

Old
Folding QQ in the BB - Sun Jun 10, 2012, 05:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi guys.

First hand of the PokerSchool Open Skill League. I think that folding QQ is pretty tight, but certainly we have some maniac players here and too much action. Personally I think it's a good fold, especially cuz this is the first hand of the tournament.

But what u guys think ??

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 06:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
hey fp,

im ready to bust them out or bust out never gonna fold QQ in this spot AK yes it's a fold but QQ way too tight i guess but of course it's points system so if you don't like flippin it early it's still a good fold

Old
It Depends... - Sun Jun 10, 2012, 07:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Good fold!
But if it was Hubble's rather than the Open Skill League, then this would be an insta-ship. If you win a hand like this, then you are in position for a deep run in the tournament. I am assuming here though that the league points take priority over the $10 prize pool. QQ against 5 random hands here has less than 40% equity, so it is an underdog in this instance. Wait for a better spot. Better league players have told me that they would also fold KK in this situation. Even AA would be a coin toss.
Best of luck this month!

Old
Mon Jun 11, 2012, 12:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi fp_boss77!

I think that a fold here, especially in a league game, is the correct play. In a league game, I do not want to be all-in unless I'm sure that I'll be ahead after the entire board is shown. QQ into a 6-way pot if I'm all-in, is not the type of situation that I'd want to be in, as I could easily be behind or outdrawn.

The key in league games is to survive as long as possible by taking as few of chances as possible and never giving a chip away. That would even be a real tough call for me with AA, as I could lose early and lose a bunch of league points that I might have gotten.

The risk is not worth the reward this early.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com