Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Poker Huds

Old
Poker Huds - Mon Jun 11, 2012, 05:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Does anyone know what percentage of players are running a Hud or other software during tournys? And secondly what Huds would you recommend and how much do they cost. I've never used one but from what i see in the training vids they seem the norm...
Cheers,
Roy.

Old
Mon Jun 11, 2012, 08:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
I think it would be impossible to calculate the percentage of players using a HUD.
There are quite a few to select from ranging in price. Some are available for a free trial period, i have recently been using a free trial one and found it really helpful but a little complicated to get use to.

The Onlinepokerschool has a video on the use of a hud here you may also find this link helpful.

Best of luck

Tony

Old
Mon Jun 11, 2012, 09:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roythestone View Post
Does anyone know what percentage of players are running a Hud or other software during tournys? And secondly what Huds would you recommend and how much do they cost. I've never used one but from what i see in the training vids they seem the norm...
Cheers,
Roy.

Hey Roy,
Can't answer your 1st question about the % but I'm using PT4 beta now. Free for trial or you can check out HEM2 for trial too. Have tried both and prefer PT4, although I reckon more folks are using HEM2.

Try both out and see what suits you better. More info on HUDs on the respective websites or you can google for vids, search forums for other recommendations too.

wikk

Old
Mon Jun 11, 2012, 10:01 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Roy!

I've actually never used a hud. From what I've seen, they're going to be more help for a ring game than a tourney, but can't totally say for sure, as I've never used one.

However, I do use pokerstove frequently.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 11, 2012, 12:18 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Roy,

HUD are usually used on ring games (cash games)
SnG's usually last about 1 hour, so the data accumulated is a very small sample to be a true analysis of the players (my opinion)
Mtt's have to much of a huge field and you get moved around, so again, very little sample of stats.

As for the ring games............. I don't use it and I think I'm doing very well without it. ( maybe I could do a bit better with it)
I did try it for about 1 month and got burned by believing all those numbers. The numbers will give you a general idea of the player but your notes will give you a better read on the player.

Any of those 2 software's you've mentioned are good. I personally have PT3 and love it, but I only use it for my personal stats and the analysis of my hands when I review them.

I don't think they are the norms, but maybe a good teaching / learning tool

Just my 2 cents worth

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2012
Much appreciated comments guys, thanks. I am trying out the PT3 as i couldn't find a trial version of the stove that was easily available (will try harder after i'm done experimenting with this, thanks John for the advice). It seems pretty involved, i was hoping it would just put a donkey or a shark on players heads lol! as i mostly play tournys i'm not sure what use it will be but when i figure out half of the options available and what it all means i'm sure it will make a lot of sense. I'm relieved to hear not everyone is using them as I never have before, just occaisionally looked up stats on scope to check on players. Anyhow, i'm in the million dollar on sunday so will be retiring on monday!!!
cheers for all help, g luck,
Roy.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com