Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

my weekly mind boggle-is there right in wrong?

Old
my weekly mind boggle-is there right in wrong? - Tue Jun 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Ok guys an gals as part of my tilt issue have decided to post a weekly mind boggle for you to talk about.

They will be all poker related but maybe some what confusing!

Ok for the first boggle example is there right in wrong?

on the button we have AC Qd and all players have folded pre-flop around to us

we 3x, small blind folds and BB calls

the flop

AH 2D 8S

BB checks

WE c-bet just over half the pot

BB then shoves there stack over the top

we fold as this player as been playing nit as we see it,so presume set with a rainbow flop

This player then shows KJos and rubs it in our face that we have just been out played

OK second time senario the same as the first,however this time we call to see our pair of aces crushed by his set and loose our stack.

So to my ? both times we were wrong,

so is there any right in wrong?

Is it a better play to fold to all -in shoves on the flop regardles of our hand unless we flop the royal or quads!

Yes we can all say that it depends on the player you are playing against! but can not good players make moves,cant bad players get lucky,and still with two cards to come anything can and does happen!

So is there right in wrong or is right to be wrong confused, me too.

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
You haven't answered my question in the other post

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 02:03 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Not really mind boggling, it's called image advertising. And losing a full stack with a pair of aces against a supposed nit is just bad play.

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 04:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feskprins View Post
Not really mind boggling, it's called image advertising. And losing a full stack with a pair of aces against a supposed nit is just bad play.

My advertising job is full time!!

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 11:05 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Unless its a game among friends, I always assume showing a bluff is advertising and don't change my read until I get more data. Treat it as an outlier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlier), a piece of data that go with the rest of data you have.

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 04:53 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Every playing style has it's own secret weapon, when a nit raises u assume he has the nuts, when a fish limps u assume he has a weak holding when he has woke up with aces, the key is your own image and all the players sitting down with you at the table should not all label you the same,
if u can look like a maniac to one player you have position on and a nit to another player who has position on you and you can limp in and splash with the fish, then what are you a tag,lag, lp?
Keep them guessing don't forget the idea is to get them to make a mistake. Have you attempted a few blind steals? does that nit put u on AQ? or think u r just on another steal and decides to make a play against you using his image, I am calling at least 1 barrel in that spot but not a all in, u cant just assume he has you beat and looking him up will keep him honest. Just because he,s a nit does not mean he has you beat and just because he,s a fish does not mean you have them beat.

If you have been blind stealing a lot then that nit has all the more reason to look you up with a weaker ace but on the other hand if u have not attacked his blinds then he must have you beat well almost a must anyway but a nit on the bb and we have not been stealing his bb I doubt that lol, you cant just make a random scenario up without more info it,s like asking half a question.

I know your saying we are beat anyway, well that's what I assume this post is about but we r beat because we lack the info needed to make a correct play you need more info than the bb is a nit.

48 hrs off pokerstars I need a MEDIC!!!! over here. why didn't I just click 7 days or 48 hours cool off Grrrrrrr.

Last edited by PokerPest72; Wed Jun 13, 2012 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: mmmmm cake

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 01:16 PM
(#7)
hi guys i understand advertising have read that somewhere but its not what i mean.

This is a made up hand and not one i have experienced<well maybe have experienced it lol>.

both times you were wrong!

And i cannot see where the right in wrong is,or both times are we right to be wrong as explained.

Is it better to fold even if we think we have the winning hand,when we have only seen a flop and our decission is on a all in for our stack?

So is there right in wrong,or is it right to be wrong?

mind boggle think about it.

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
(#8)
Since: May 2011
I find reading your posts being more of a mind boggle. It's impossible to understand what you're trying to say.

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 02:17 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Ok guys an gals as part of my tilt issue have decided to post a weekly mind boggle for you to talk about.

They will be all poker related but maybe some what confusing!

Ok for the first boggle example is there right in wrong?

on the button we have AC Qd and all players have folded pre-flop around to us

we 3x, small blind folds and BB calls

the flop

AH 2D 8S

BB checks

WE c-bet just over half the pot

BB then shoves there stack over the top

we fold as this player as been playing nit as we see it,so presume set with a rainbow flop

This player then shows KJos and rubs it in our face that we have just been out played

OK second time senario the same as the first,however this time we call to see our pair of aces crushed by his set and loose our stack.

So to my ? both times we were wrong, [Says who???]

so is there any right in wrong?

Is it a better play to fold to all -in shoves on the flop regardles of our hand unless we flop the royal or quads!

Yes we can all say that it depends on the player you are playing against! but can not good players make moves,cant bad players get lucky,and still with two cards to come anything can and does happen!

So is there right in wrong or is right to be wrong confused, me too.
I think you are confusing the individual results with the long term decisions again.

Both decisions could be correct - even though we lost.

or

Both decisions could be wrong.

or

One was right, one wrong

Given the your info that this player is a nit, why would you take different decisions to the hand, board and betting pattern? Just because he showed you one bluff? That seems like a bad reason to call a player who is a nit capable of only very occasional bluffs.

So I would say we are probably right to fold the first hand (despite the shown bluff) as you probably will be saving chips in the long run versus this player by taking this action, and probably wrong to call the second time on the strength that we just saw a bluff - it looks like a classic set up move.

I reckon we got outplayed the second time as a result of being tilted by the first bluff.

Sound familiar?

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Wed Jun 13, 2012 at 02:20 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com