Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Where has all my player notes gone?

Old
Where has all my player notes gone? - Tue Jun 12, 2012, 03:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
Ok, so recently i changed the PC i was using at home.

When i downloaded the pokerstars client onto my new PC and i logged into my account, all good.

But i have realized that all my player notes i had taken over the past 12months are gone, rotten dose, i had alot of notes and some very good notes IMO. Obviously all my player notes are on the last PC, yea?

My query is, HOW AM I GOING TO GET ALL MY PLAYER NOTES ONTO MY NEW PC??

Is there a folder somewhere on my old PC with the notes saved into it?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, pleas guys, help, would love to get mt notes back, hope i can...

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 03:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
OLD PC

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\PokerStars\notes

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 04:06 PM
(#3)
Thanking u Sands, so i just transfer this folder and all shuld be good, yea?

Cheers m8

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 04:14 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Briany84!

Yes, that file/folder should take care of it. I'd also recommend backing it up every-so-often, as I know that I lost mine when my old computer crashed.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 04:18 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Just as a matter of interest Briany. Did you transfer the Hand History folder over too and what way did you go about it? In other words, what's the easiest way to do this.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 04:21 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
I think the easiest is to use a USB storage device... plug it in, copy the folders/files over, plug it into the new machine and copy to there.

Just make sure to put it in the same location so the PS client on the new machine "sees" it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 04:28 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
kk, I was under the impression that a USB might have have enough space on it for all the info. I'm going the route of trying to connect the two machines to a wireless network... might work... if not I'll go on to the next plan...

Cheers Dave,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 04:32 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I think the easiest is to use a USB storage device... plug it in, copy the folders/files over, plug it into the new machine and copy to there.

Just make sure to put it in the same location so the PS client on the new machine "sees" it.
+1000000

That absolutely is the best way to do it. The USB could have enough memory to keep all of it, but I'd want a backup plan, as the thumbdrives can get corrupted pretty easily.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 12, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Just as a matter of interest Briany. Did you transfer the Hand History folder over too and what way did you go about it? In other words, what's the easiest way to do this.

Raiser

I didn't get around to copying my HH yet Raiser but i will be as i have noticed it in my HUD when i play some of my reg mtts and come up against reg players, all my Hands on them are missing, it sucks but i will be getting around to it very soon...

N yea i reckon USB will be the way to go with it.

Thanx guys for all your answers, appreciated..

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 12:54 AM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
OLD PC

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\PokerStars\notes
Oh, okay, ty

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 02:01 AM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briany84 View Post
I didn't get around to copying my HH yet Raiser but i will be as i have noticed it in my HUD when i play some of my reg mtts and come up against reg players, all my Hands on them are missing, it sucks but i will be getting around to it very soon...

N yea i reckon USB will be the way to go with it.

Thanx guys for all your answers, appreciated..
If you are already running PT or HM just make a backup of your database, then you can move that file easily over to the new machine and restore it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wink
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 03:56 AM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Have also noticed my player notes have been affected - the colour indication tags I put on are still there but some of the notes are missing. Just 1 idea depending on the amount of notes you could copy them over into a spreadsheet there are endless possibilities with this option, but if you have lots of player notes it may take time.. just a thought.

And not just to note hands they win with but also how they play, if you find weaknesses note that to all this helps

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 04:35 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
If you are already running PT or HM just make a backup of your database, then you can move that file easily over to the new machine and restore it.
Now that sounds like a plan!

Thanks Dave,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 04:52 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar

Old
Sat Jun 16, 2012, 05:28 AM
(#15)
Going to create the back up database today, lol, never backed up anything in my life, from homework at school, to homework for work..

Guess nothing has ever been as important as POKER

Old
Sat Jun 16, 2012, 11:08 AM
(#16)
I made a suggestion to Pokerstars support for the ability to upload and restore notes to the cloud. I think it would be a valuable addition to the software and could mean playing the software anywhere. I suggested it before the addition of the mobile poker so maybe it's even more of an essential addition now?

Unfortunately it hasn't been implemented but if enough players request it then maybe it would happen?

Old
Sat Jun 16, 2012, 11:17 AM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
That sounds like something that would be more and more useful, with playing on different systems (desktop, laptop, mobile). Hopefully someday they might be able to do it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 16, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#18)
I regularly back up data now but to think of all the notes I've ever made on various sites I could fill an encyclopedia.

Backing up is a hassle, wouldn't it be great if you could just click "Options/ Back Up Notes" and it would be done automatically?

The same if they could adopt it on a mobile device "Options/ Restore Notes"

Notes don't take up much space afaik so it's not like we'd be waiting all day to upload or download.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com