Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2 NL 6 Max KK Preflop Dilema

Old
2 NL 6 Max KK Preflop Dilema - Wed Jun 13, 2012, 07:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain was 19/12 after a history of 128 hands. AF: 05. 3 bet: 0.

My image was loose as I was calling preflop shoves from fish and I shoved at them as well. Think this happened about 50 hands into the table after I took down a big pot.

So in this case, his line of limp and reraise indicates a strong hand. Would a KK call against this line of actions be profitable in the long run? Or is it almost certain that they are setting a trap with AA?

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 08:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi Awesome,

It's a sticky spot but I think that if he would do this with AA then there is a high possibility he would also do it with QQ KK and maybe even AK. Personally I would be calling, he always shows up with a strong hand here imo but your hand is far too strong to fold. Against a range of QQ+ and AK you have 57% equity so you have good equity. My ranging might be off so wait and see what others have to say.

Also it's definately worth making a note on him that he does this with strong hands.

Good luck at the table

Croyd

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 11:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi TANW,

As sick as this is, I think we are getting shown aces the vast majority of the time here. The stats indicate so far that this is a tight somewhat conservative player, and while I agree this is always a value line I don't expect a player like this to ever take this line with AK or QQ, it's probably too much risk in their conservative eyes. And given the table history, they expect you to call.

There's enough of an unknown element yet that I think I would call as well, but I'm actually not happy about getting 187bb's in preflop in this spot, and although it should be extremely rare that you fold KK preflop, this is one time to consider it imo.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 11:50 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
Ok thanks a lot ppl

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com