Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

The Open Skill League?

Old
The Open Skill League? - Thu Jun 14, 2012, 05:31 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
I don't get it, today there is almost no tournaments today? And why is that? I mean, I'd get it if there was something special that was happening. But all this week it's been tourneys from when I wake up, to when I sleep, and now I've waited 5hours, and now I still have to wait 4hours? Is there a limit to how many tourneys(freerolls) you can join? Or is there just less the couple of days before the weekend?

/TarekGG

Old
Thu Jun 14, 2012, 05:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
It will most likely be due to the advertised server restart - all MTTs that might run to the restart scheduled time 07:00 ET are cancelled, and sitngos will run down too.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Thu Jun 14, 2012, 05:49 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
It will most likely be due to the advertised server restart - all MTTs that might run to the restart scheduled time 07:00 ET are cancelled, and sitngos will run down too.

Aha. But will this only last today? Or is the tournaments listed right now the only ones for the next few days? I'm asking because I've never experienced this, but thanks for replying that fast man.

Old
Thu Jun 14, 2012, 06:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarekGG View Post
Aha. But will this only last today? Or is the tournaments listed right now the only ones for the next few days? I'm asking because I've never experienced this, but thanks for replying that fast man.
No problem.

The PSO tourneys should be back on the regular schedule once the server is up and running - assuming whatever techy work they are up to runs smoothly - sometimes it can be down a while but usually it is back up within half an hour. They always advertise server restarts on the PS client software lobby but you only know about it on the day it is going to happen - it usually happens at the same time of day - 7am ET or 12 noon WET (sorry don't know your exact time zone).

Server restarts are intermittent - sometimes you seem to get 3-4 in a week then none for ages.

Good luck in the leagues.

Ed from EdinFreeMan

Old
Thu Jun 14, 2012, 06:56 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
No problem.

The PSO tourneys should be back on the regular schedule once the server is up and running - assuming whatever techy work they are up to runs smoothly - sometimes it can be down a while but usually it is back up within half an hour. They always advertise server restarts on the PS client software lobby but you only know about it on the day it is going to happen - it usually happens at the same time of day - 7am ET or 12 noon WET (sorry don't know your exact time zone).

Server restarts are intermittent - sometimes you seem to get 3-4 in a week then none for ages.

Good luck in the leagues.

Ed from EdinFreeMan

OK! Thanks dude for helping me out, at least I know whats going on, hehe Have fun you too man.

Old
Thu Jun 14, 2012, 07:01 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TarekGG!

Ed's correct. Any of the tourneys that would normally last into the timeframe where the server will be reset are not going to be on the list today. That way a tourney is not running... and all of a sudden gets cancelled when the server resets.
The server resets happen peroidically (when necessary) and the tourney schedule will be done around them.

There is no limit as to how many of the games in a particular league that you can enter.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com