Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6max AQ TPTK tough river spot

Old
10NL 6max AQ TPTK tough river spot - Thu Jun 14, 2012, 11:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
This was a weird hand. I played more than 60 hands on that table, so I had some reads on my opponents, no exact numbers though. Villain2 was loose passive, Villain3 and Villain4 were tight aggressive players.

I was very concerned about all the players staying in the pot for 2 streets. So I folded on the river although I was already committed to the pot. But the donk bet on the river did not look like a bluff to me, I was sure to be be beaten. I put him on at least a straight. Strangely, the two players after me folded as well on the river. They probably had busted flush draws, what do you think?

Not sure if I should have called nonetheless?

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 01:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi AC,

Yeah, the fold on the river is fine... the price is good of course but you've still got 2 other players to act behind you and I think the guy shoving has you beat here anyway somewhere close to 100% of the time. Easy fold.

I actually don't care for the turn bet either tbh... I don't think we should be committing with 1 pair after our strongly sized turn bet gets called in all 3 places and a coordinated turn card hits. Yuck. I don't feel like we should commit here and I don't think we're going to win too often if the pot gets big, so I would like to check, and be ready to fold to appreciable action. And if it goes check-check-check-bet-fold, then I would continue vs. the button betting when checked to and 1 opponent folding. If after you check it goes bet call call (or raise) then you can dump right there. Our holding isn't really strong for a high spr spot in a multiway pot. That's my take on it.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 11:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
Thanks Dave! In retrospect I agree with you, a check on the turn would have been smarter. Although I felt that I was holding the best hand at that time.

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 04:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeClown View Post
Although I felt that I was holding the best hand at that time.
I didn't tbh. You got called in 3 spots after a strongly sized flop bet. You may or may not be ahead of all 3 of them at this point. But then the turn card coordinates well with their calling ranges. We may have the best hand, but I'm not at all confident in it. HU sure, but 4 way not so much.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com