Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2 NL 6 Max QQ flop tough spot

Old
2 NL 6 Max QQ flop tough spot - Thu Jun 14, 2012, 12:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Was doing some hand reviews, came across this hand a month ago.

It was a relatively new table and villains were unknown.

SB: 36/11 after 28 hands. AF:1. 3bet: 33.3. Fold to 3bet: 0 out of 0

BB: 68/29 after 42 hands. AF: 3. 3bet: 0. Fold to 3bet: 0 out of 2

On the flop, SB cbets small. Since his 3 bet % was high, I thought he might hold 2 overcards which missed hence the small cbet.

BB shoves, might be a reasonable play since he was shortstacked. Pretty hard to range BB since he's calling so wide.

I thought I had the best hand on flop. Also did not want to get out drawn by overcards, SB might have AK/ KQ/ AQ in which he cbet small. Thus I shoved to protect my hand. If he calls, I thought I'll be the favourite.

Was the shove an overplay in this case? Should I have called and slowplay?

Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Thu Jun 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: content

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 01:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi TANW,

I definitely am getting it in on the flop here in a low spr spot..l the villain can easily have overcards (and fold them) or worse pairs (JJ/TT at least as often as KK/AA). I also wouldn't mind 4-betting/getting it in preflop rather than flat calling, we get stuck in some difficult post flop spots when an ace or king comes. But when we flat what is our plan? The spr will be 3, with an overpair to the board of QQ our plan should be to get it in generally. Nothing in the board texture or action sequence changes that plan imo.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 01:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
One other thing, don't pay any attention to the guys 3b% on this small a sample size, it's not high or low. You've only got 28 hands total on him so the opportunities he's had to 3b are very small, this 33% may well only be 1 of 3 or 2 of 6, which doesn't really mean anything yet, other than he is capable of the play.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com