Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Can I Record LIVE TRAINING Myself?

Old
Can I Record LIVE TRAINING Myself? - Fri Jun 15, 2012, 04:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
Hi,

I downloaded some software yesterday to enable me to video capture my computer screen - and had some fun making a trial video of my poker play.

(I wouldn't wait too eagerly for a release date - unless you particularly want to watch me grind 5 hours in the Open Skill League for 11th spot and $0.05 - although apparently there is an online website devoted to videos of paint drying that gets thousands of hits, so who knows...)

When I looked at the features it allows me to schedule a recording session to start at any time - so I should be able to record when I am asleep - ie during most of Langolier's Live Training sessions.

Is it OK for me to video record these myself on my computer for personal use? So that I don't have to wait for them to turn up in the archive.

I am still struggling to get the audio to record so at the moment it would not be much use just to record the video without the wit and wisdom of Langoliers commentary - but hopefully I can sort that out.

Cheers

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Edin,

As long as it's for personal use I think this is fine and it could be a great way to improve one's game.

As you know though, all our videos will be added to the library so don't worry if you miss out. Send me a PM if there is one in particular you want and i'll make sure you are notified about it when it's published.

If possible do try to get to as many 'Live' sessions as possible. This is a golden opportunity for all our members to ask our trainers their questions in real time.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 23, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#3)
How will you open live training session 15 min before session starts?

Old
Live Training on Library - Mon Jul 16, 2012, 10:55 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi there, this is my very first post on PSO so i apologise in advance if i am not up on correct protocol or etiquette just yet!

I live in England so many of the live training sessions i fancy seeing are on at about 2-3am so not exactly convenient, you mentioned that they are posted in the library after the fact, how quickly are these posted? Just so i can set myself a reminder to check.

Thank you

Old
Mon Jul 16, 2012, 11:14 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello SmlBrownGirl,

Welcome to the Forum,

We do try to set times that are suitable for both Eastern Standard Time and European members.

You'll find a lot of the sessions this week start at 15:00 EST which would be 8pm in England. Here's a link to the Calender

There's sessions on ZOOM cash games, SnG's and MTT's.

The normal wait time for sessions to be added to the library is 8-10 weeks but here's a link to a thread with all the recent releases that you might find useful.

Also as it's your first post here I'll give you this link, it will help you find your way around here.

Nice to meet you,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com