Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Four kings, four aces

Old
Four kings, four aces - Fri Jun 15, 2012, 03:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Had a go at 5 card draw freeroll today. One of the early hands, I drew to four kings. You have to think you might have a slim chance of winning with that

But no, beat by four aces! Never seen that before. I'm not moaning, just astonished.

Mike

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
wow, i would have bet my house wife and kids with your hand,

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 03:56 PM
(#3)
I know, I was all in, but had the guy covered enough to survive. Imagine if it had really mattered!

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
It's tough for that to happen, but unfortunately, it's poker.
I've seen plenty of crazy hands in all of the various poker games that I've played in my life (and I know a couple hundred varieties of poker).

Coolers like that will happen. Just get back at it, don't go on tilt and if you're following a winning strategy, you'll be ahead in the long run.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 15, 2012, 06:17 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltshireman View Post
wow, i would have bet my house wife and kids with your hand,

I don't know about the house and kids,but the wife...yeah,OK.

I lost a girlfriend in a poker game once. She couldn't frigging believe it either.

"How the Hell could you lose me in a poker game???!!! HOW???!!!",she kept screaming at me.

"It wasn't easy hon", I told her. "I had to fold 3 boats and a straight flush."

Old
Sat Jun 16, 2012, 02:26 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010

Old
Sat Jun 16, 2012, 07:18 AM
(#7)
Ha ha ha!

She was still talking to you?

I didn't tilt, btw, in fact, I actually laughed. Or maybe it was a senseless gibber.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com