Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2 NL 6 Max TPTK missing value?

Old
2 NL 6 Max TPTK missing value? - Sun Jun 17, 2012, 03:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain was 48/33 after 110 hands. AF: 5.1
I had a tight image

I decided to 3bet him since I had a premium hand against his loose PFR plus I was on the button. He could have a wide range of cards.

Flop: TPTK for me. He donk bets into me, could be on flush draw semi-bluffing trying to take down pot. Or could have 2 pairs AT, didn't know what to put him on. Called him since I almost had the best hand. If he had AA, he would have 4 bet me, or c/r me on the flop.

Turn: Not exactly a good card for me if he held ATo+. 2 pairs might have gotten there. Spades flush draw missed, he donk bets small this time. I just called

River: 9s comes, would have completed spades flush draw or any straight draws possible. Villain checks surprisingly. I checked, thinking not overplaying TPTK

So I was wondering if I had missed out value by checking on the river. I reflected, if he made his flush or 2 pairs, he would have most likely river bet. However, it was also possible that he was laying a trap to c/r me on the river.

Thus, is this one of the situations I should have river bet, maximising value, despite the board texture having so many draws? And should I have reraised on the turn, giving worse odds for flush to complete?

Thanks

Old
Sun Jun 17, 2012, 12:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi TW,

I like your flop and turn line just fine against a hyper-aggro villain like this one... he's probably leading with a weak ace or just air, when you have an opponent who spews chips by being over-aggro and probably bluffing too much, taking lines to encourage him to do more of the same with this type of hand strength is good imo.

I would value bet the river for sure when he checks, I feel like this guy is almost always betting better hands himself, and we will get paid by A-x for sure so a value bet is in order imo.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com