Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Timed games

Old
Timed games - Sun Jun 17, 2012, 07:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
I've been playing the 15 minute timed games for a week or two now, and have been enjoying a good win rate (cashing 14 times out of 19). That said, I still want to see if I can improve how I play.

Due to the way they are structured, I play coin flip strategy for them, waiting for premium hands (high pocket pairs and aces and kings with picture card kicker) then shoving, usually getting 1 or 2 callers.

Any advice, thoughts or alternate strategy appreciated.

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Old
Sun Jun 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
I played them a bit when they first came out, and I played the same strategy. I found it just doesn't pay to take your chances with the early shove monkeys, but you don't have time to wait for just premium pairs either. A little gamble in these is usually a good thing.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com