Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Seeing hands

Old
Seeing hands - Tue Jun 19, 2012, 04:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
How do you see the hands you've played? I mean, people post hands they've played, how do you see those hands afterwards?

Old
Tue Jun 19, 2012, 04:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
***moved to better fitting forum JWK24***

Hi mgc1959!

There are 2 ways to get them. One is to request that PS send them to you by e-mail (requests in client, then hand history) and you can request a number of hands or from a particular tourney, etc.

The other way is to have them saved directly to your hard drive. In the client, options, instant hand history options, then you can pick where they're saved to and for how long.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thanks for all the advice - Wed Jun 20, 2012, 03:27 AM
(#3)
I was actually talking about how you see the actual table - people seem to be able to post videos of actual hands for appraisal.

Cheers

Mike

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 04:39 AM
(#4)
I've found the hand replayer, but can't get it to work - when I paste the hand info in, then click read data, the save button doesn't appear, and the hand doesn't appear in the list.

What format should the pasted info take? Meaning, where should the pasted info start and end?

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 04:41 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgc1959 View Post
I was actually talking about how you see the actual table - people seem to be able to post videos of actual hands for appraisal.

Cheers

Mike
Hi Mike,

Most hands posted in the forums here are usually saved to the Hand Replayer tool first and then posted as a link in the forum.

The Hand Replayer tool can be accessed from the Home Page - usually at the top left just below the Hand of the Day box, or from the Tools menu option along the top of most pages.

Somewhere on the site there is info on how to use the Hand Replayer tool - I can't remember where. Basically you need your pokerstars Hand History details in the correct text format to copy/paste into the replayer, save it and then produce the link to copy/paste back into your forum post.

If you are at a table there is a red circle top left which will show you your previous hands - or you can click on the chip rack box top middle of the table and choose Instant Hand History.

Or, as John says above - you can set PokerStars options to save all your Hand Histories to the hard drive, or request Hand Histories to be sent to your e-mail.

Hope this sets you on the right path - it is fiddly to begin with but play around and you will get used to it.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 04:48 AM
(#6)
Thanks, I've figured it out now.

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 04:50 AM
(#7)
Quote:
I've found the hand replayer, but can't get it to work - when I paste the hand info in, then click read data, the save button doesn't appear, and the hand doesn't appear in the list.

What format should the pasted info take? Meaning, where should the pasted info start and end?
OK you are getting there - I was writing the above response as you wrote your next entry.

Some hand formats don't seem to work in replayer - eg ZOOM hands needed editing, and those I request by e-mail never worked.

I always take the Hand History direct from the Instant Hand History, which i always have open when I am at the tables - and then it seems to work. Or if I miss something I go back later and I copy it from the text file saved to my hard drive - (or from PokerTracker3 when I had that running, which saved hands in the correct format too).

Try searching the forums for Replayer as different players may have had different issues depending on what systems they run (browsers/email etc).

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 04:52 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Thanks, I've figured it out now.
Great - you can post up all those monster winning hands now!

Ed

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 07:00 AM
(#9)
I just requested last ten hands, got them in email, copied one of the hands into the player, and it worked.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com