Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Zoom

Old
Zoom - Wed Jun 20, 2012, 05:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi all have you played any zoom?

I was playing today and have noticed a few things i need to look up in my tracker but before i do I thought i start the ball rolling on a discussion.

So what are your thoughts on Zoom?

I find i have stats on players but not reads. thoughts?

i think that raises get more respect.

i think that 3 betting happens less

I wonder how many opps are actually reading me? or keeping stats (fair enough its 2nl)

of those that are keeping track which hands did they see? how good is that record?

I have started to hit and run when i get a buck up on one of my tables?

Love to hear thought si off to see what the heck my tracker makes of this thoughts

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 05:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Hi Grade b -

I am not a huge ZOOM fan, though I dabble occasionally in the ZOOM format.

It took me ages to work out I could join the 2NL ZOOM tables more than once (I think the maximum is 4 times) so you can multi-table within the same ZOOM 'pool' of players - I found that helped to get reads quickly against certain players during a single session.

I remember Andy 'ahar010' saying that tables were generally tighter, which I think is correct, and that he was inclined to open his range as a result, with more stealing etc in good spots. I like being a little bit LAGier at ZOOM than at a normal FR as half the opps are not really even there - but only in position and with playable marginal hands or better.

My other tip is when you double your stack just leave the table then instantly rejoin with your normal buy-in - that way you never get too deep stacked. Unless you like deep-stack play of course, but for me a standard 100BB is better.

Good luck with your ZOOMing!

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sat Jun 23, 2012, 05:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Wow thanks for the info! Never thought that you could join more than once in one player poul / table.
I played 2 x 5NL and 2 x 2NL both FR and 6max.
Now I know I can just join 4 x 2NL /FR tables. Haha

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com