Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Ak all in againts 2 players

Old
Ak all in againts 2 players - Wed Jun 20, 2012, 06:55 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
I believe it was the right call to make, what do you guys think?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=F435822D6B

Last edited by Skinner2001; Wed Jun 20, 2012 at 07:01 PM..

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
***moved to better fitting forum JWK24***

Hi Skinner2001!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you familiar with everything that PSO has to offer.

What type of tourney is this hand from? There can be different results on how to play a given hand based on this. Also, if you have any read info on the opponents in the hand, that can help us to provide a better answer for you too.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 07:41 PM
(#3)
This was in the Hubbles NL Freeroll today. It was later in the tournament maybe 800 players left, i was certain i had the guy to the left of me beat so i threw out a bet hopeing they would fold because there was a flush draw on the board but when they both raised i went all in, maybe i shoulda just called this bet insted of going all in then all in on the river?

Last edited by Skinner2001; Wed Jun 20, 2012 at 07:43 PM..

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
I like the play and think it was spot on. The only problem was you didn't have enough chips to force out the draw!

Old
Wed Jun 20, 2012, 10:20 PM
(#5)
Thanks Man
Ya im wondering though if i woulda just called the bet on the flop and when the turn came i shoulda went all in there. He possibly could have folded it down knowing he had less odds of completing his flush on the river?

Old
Thu Jun 21, 2012, 05:35 AM
(#6)
You got unlucky here, and I like your play, very similar to how I would play it, but I would have made my bets slightly more. Firstly pre-flop my standard raise is 2.5-3BB + 1BB for each limper so I would raise between 1,400 - 1,600. Then on the flop I would want to price out both opponents of the flush draw if they both called, so I would need to bet more than 1/2 pot. I would do between 3/4 and a full pot bet so 3,400 - 4,600 and as this is more than 1/3 of my stack I would be looking to shove.

Hope this helps

Old
Thu Jun 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Skinner2001!

With 800 to go in a hubble, a 10k stack is not enough chips to get the ticket, so I'm looking for places where I can accumulate chips in order to make it past the bubble and get a ticket.

With AK, I'll make a std raise in this situation. For me at this blind level, it will be to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper (I try to start at 3BB, then drop to 2.5BB at 100/200, then drop to 2.2BB at 1k/2k). With 1 limper, I'll raise to 3.5BB or 1400.

The flop gives me top pair, but there is a flush, straight and even a possible combo draw out there. I want to make a bet here, but I need to size it that I can price out as many draws as possible. With two opps, I'll normally make a pot-sized bet here (then make another pot sized bet on the turn if the draws didn't hit).... however... a pot sized bet is about 1/2 my stack, so due to this, I'm shoving the flop.

By shoving here, if I can get one opp to drop, then the other will have 40% pot equity, which will price out a straight draw or a flush draw and there is nothing that I can do against a combo draw, as the combo draw is the favorite to win the hand. If both opps stay, there's no way I can price out any of the larger draws, but at least I can shove first and put the pressure to call on my opponents, instead of it being on me having to call a larger bet.

Unfortunately, the flush hits on the river, but with two opps staying in the hand, I expect one of them to have it.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 21, 2012, 02:48 PM
(#8)
Thanks for the help guys

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com