Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Rafa Nadal Joins PokerStars- Official Discussion Thread

Old
Rafa Nadal Joins PokerStars- Official Discussion Thread - Thu Jun 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

Rafa Nadal is one of the greatest tennis players the world has ever seen; with 11 Grand Slam titles, an Olympic gold medal, countless other major ATP tournament wins, and millions of fans around the world. He’s now joined PokerStars, and will be looking to take the drive and determination he has on the tennis court with him to the poker table.

But while he may have already achieved everything in the tennis world, Rafa is yet to win a poker tournament, and is looking forward to taking on the challenge of building his skills as he competes online at PokerStars. You can follow Rafa as he takes his first steps on the journey towards becoming a winning poker player, and we’ll be keeping this page updated with his progress every step of the way.

Rafa is also asking for your help, and wants you to send a video giving him your top poker tip. The best will be shown here every week, and Rafa will award exclusive prizes to the videos he thinks give him the most useful advice. The player whose video impresses Rafa the most at the end of the contest will win a European Poker Tour (EPT) Barcelona prize package, including buy-in for the €5,300 Main Event (August 19-25), eight nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel and €1,500 for expenses. The winner will also receive a chipset signed by Rafa, as will five runners-up! Everyone who submits a suitable video will also receive a $22 MicroMillions Main Event tourney ticket. How to Enter the Help Rafa Nadal Contest.

Submit your video by following these simple steps:

Record your video, giving Rafa your best bit of poker advice. Only one entry per player, per week allowed. Videos must also be in English only.
Send your video to nadal@pokerstars.com, with your full name and PokerStars User ID. You must have a PokerStars account. If you don’t already have one, download the free poker software now.

Please Note: Your video must be no longer than 30 seconds, no larger than 15MB, and be in one of the following supported file types: MP4, .AVI, .FLV, .MOV or .WMV. Any submission that doesn’t follow the above requirements will not be entered. By entering the promotion, users agree to PokerStars publishing their video, along with their name and PokerStars User ID. Terms & Conditions.

Prizes

Everyone who submits a suitable video will be rewarded with a $22 MicroMillions Main Event tourney ticket. At the end of the contest, we will also select the best videos, and award an overall winner with the EPT Barcelona prize package, plus a signed PokerStars chipset for them and five runners-up.

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Thu Jun 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 12:25 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome, Rafa, there's lots of competition here, so you should feel right at home. Welcome to PSO, I'm a big fan!!

Old
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 03:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
Welcome, Rafa, there's lots of competition here, so you should feel right at home. Welcome to PSO, I'm a big fan!!

Has Rafa joined PSO as well as PokerStars???

Good luck in the Open Skill League Rafa! Should be a good way to build your starting bankroll....

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 09:33 AM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxing View Post
Prizes

Everyone who submits a suitable video will be rewarded with a $22 MicroMillions Main Event tourney ticket. At the end of the contest, we will also select the best videos, and award an overall winner with the EPT Barcelona prize package, plus a signed PokerStars chipset for them and five runners-up.
Just for those who don't read to the end, you don't want to miss this.

Great deal, and awesome welcome to PokerStars Rafa!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 04:16 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Welcome to the game. Hope you didn't use all your aces for tennis. Good Luck and hope to play you one day. By the way what is your poker name going to be?

Old
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplerboyf5 View Post
Welcome to the game. Hope you didn't use all your aces for tennis. Good Luck and hope to play you one day. By the way what is your poker name going to be?
Player Name : Rafael Nadal

Player ID: Rafa Nadal

As with all PokerStars Pros you can check if Raf is online from the lobby

Requests/Find a Team Pokerstars Player

Haven't seen him online yet so will be interesting to see what games he does get into.

Interesting that his Location is listed as United Kingdom - does he reside here when not on 'the tour'? Or is that just until Wimbledon fortnight is over?

Old
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 10:38 PM
(#7)
Oops, I'm so used to typing PSO, should have been PS, my bad.

Old
Sat Jun 23, 2012, 05:10 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
Oops, I'm so used to typing PSO, should have been PS, my bad.
Dang!

You mean I've been searching Rafa in the Open League standings all this week for nothing!

It's all good Joy, cheered up my day!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 26, 2012, 10:51 AM
(#9)
Well...sent my 1st video in...hiccup

boy l look old...hehe

cheers

Old
Tue Jun 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
This is a wee bit unfair to Dinosaurs like me, I have no idea how to make or send a video, probably don't even have the right equipment (so she says) would a postcard or an E-Mail thingy work instead ? Oh and welcome Rafa any advice on folding, PM me.

Old
Toronto - Tue Jun 26, 2012, 05:01 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Just heard Rafa Nadal will be playing tennis in Toronto at the Davis cup in august. Will he be wearing anything with Pokerstars on it? Rafa drop by in Oakville and we can talk about poker and play.

Old
Tue Jun 26, 2012, 05:21 PM
(#12)
Raf got through the 1st round of Wimbledon Championship in straight sets - (as did local hero Andy Murray).

Still not seen Raf at the tables online though - c'mon Rafael - relax with some poker!

Old
Welcome Rafa Nadal - Wed Jun 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
(#13)
Since: Apr 2012
Quick and easy..If your as good with a Net hear as you are in tennis you should have no problems Good Luck in you quest hope you have as much fun as i have

Old
Wed Jun 27, 2012, 12:03 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Ps send is also known as send/share and share option on smart phone is like a dot with two horizontally opossed arms as an onscreen or menu button option. it should appear as email option or what you need to use to send it ie fb etc. Log in, send it. The format from all smart phones and most mobile phones will meet the format requirements.
Jig, I have spent the last 2 days lying in a dark room after reading your advice. I feel it's only fair to point out I failed my O'Grade in Rocket Science and also my Higher's in Brain Surgery. I think I may ask my Butler to have a stab at the Moving Picture thing. Yours a suitably confused and bewildered Gate.

Old
Wed Jun 27, 2012, 11:24 PM
(#15)
Since: Nov 2011
Ok understandable that in some persons life their chosen job may come to an end due to age or fitness levels

I understand this is probably a career move for you?

You probably have millions in bucks and can afford a pro coach. And personally do not think you would give us the time of day on this forum let alone read these posts.

No disrepect to you intended and respect to you for your sporting achievements all though i do not like tennis lol and do not know who you are!

So just because you are famous in one thing should your famousness allow you to be treated specail by us or any one else in the poker world?

The answer is no,remember that on the tables as only poker skills are respected.

I may sound harsh but its the fact, if he wants to truly learn to be a great poker player just maybe he should be on this forum with us.

Fast tracking looking for poker success is very dangerous, start at the roots of poker with the begginners and dont let your probably overwelming bankroll miss guide you.

HE probably will never read this so i would not worry too much mods.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 02:20 PM
(#16)
Submitted a video, but no ticket.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi 73REX73

Just to let you know that the RAFA video promotion is being run by Pokerstars. If you email support@pokerstars.com im sure they will be able to help you.

Regards
Tony

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com