Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

NLHE 45-man $1 Pokerstars - JJ UTG, flopped set and face check raise

Old
NLHE 45-man $1 Pokerstars - JJ UTG, flopped set and face check raise - Thu Jun 21, 2012, 05:12 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
Villain is 9.5/9.5/0 over 21 hands. I've been pretty loose at 33.3/19.0/2.5 over the same period. I'm not sure about my decisions on the flop.

Old
Thu Jun 21, 2012, 06:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Hellsgate10

I would of raised 3x the bb preflop, anything more than this is not needed and we can possibly scare out hands that we dominate and can win chips from.

I like your bet sizing on the flop and their are a lot of hands the villain can have that will have hit this flop, when villain min checkraises us we have of course 2 options...

Number 1 being to shove all in ( I would of took this option )

Number 2 would be to call.

If we think villain is bluffing then we would of course prefer to just call.

Given that villain is a 9.5/9.5 over 20 hands I would assume he isnt bluffing too often so I would shove and hope he has something strong enough to call us with.

Bearing in mind that this is a $1 tournament we may get called very light. Well played better luck next time

Old
Thu Jun 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hello hellsgate10

I noticed that this is your first post so i would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Pokerschoolonline.

There is a great team of guys here to help you and this link will show you some of the great things available to members.

Good luck on the tables, and enjoy your stay.

Tony

Old
Thu Jun 21, 2012, 09:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
i will definitely shove also like the way you did because he might hit his gutshot or something

it is good to protect your hand by betting hard

nice hand

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com