Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Great poker advice please take a look

Old
Great poker advice please take a look - Sat Jun 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ziw...feature=fvwrel

This is SO true! Although this video may not be of much help to some of you I do think that we can all take something away from it.

Old
Sat Jun 23, 2012, 11:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Good vid!

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 23, 2012, 01:40 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Thanks

This is good stuff.

Betting for value or bluff

Old
Sat Jun 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
nice Video,

Thanks

Old
Sun Jun 24, 2012, 01:51 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
yep......hiccup

Old
Sun Jun 24, 2012, 09:31 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
It is SO TRUE - I AM NOT PHIL IVEY..... I knew that...

but who the hell am I?

and I wonder if Phil Ivey watches this video, will it confuse him?

??? from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sun Jun 24, 2012, 11:06 AM
(#7)
Since: May 2011
After watching this I actually realized that my hand range works in cycles. I start out with a clean, solid range and become more and more "desensitized" and eventually play way too many hands. Not because I can't handle playing marginal hands, but because it's far from optimal in the micros and even Phil Ivey would bleed chips if he did that. Then I get a kick in the ass, like with this video, and everything is well again. Cheers, Chris!

Old
Sun Jun 24, 2012, 11:26 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feskprins View Post
After watching this I actually realized that my hand range works in cycles. I start out with a clean, solid range and become more and more "desensitized" and eventually play way too many hands. Not because I can't handle playing marginal hands, but because it's far from optimal in the micros and even Phil Ivey would bleed chips if he did that. Then I get a kick in the ass, like with this video, and everything is well again. Cheers, Chris!

That's exactly it! Their is always going to be some guy trying to outplay his opponents in every single pot or calling down bets with bottom pair/ace high hands because in his mind he is the greatest poker player on earth ( usually at the micros ).

EdinFreeMan I believe that one of the biggest leaks we all make as poker players is not adjusting well enough to our tables. I would assume a lot of us have a wide opening range from late position and we are always going to be opening certain hands from that position. However if the players to the left of us are loose aggressive/3 betters then we ought to tighten up our range and only open hands we are prepared to fight back with.

Sounds easy, and it is easy! But if we try to become that 'greatest player on the planet' then we may become too stubborn and think we can consistently steal the blinds with any 2 cards because we are just that damn good and these donkeys im playing with dont know how to play poker .....

Old
Sun Jun 24, 2012, 10:34 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I was watching some poker show on tv yesterday, and it was a final table of some big tournament and everybody was playing those crap hands like 64o. And the people at the higher stakes on the boomplayer site all seem to play hands like that.

I guess at some point, if people want to move up stakes they have to get used to playing those sorts of hands in the blinds, eh, since people don't let up?

It's nice at 2nl not to have to worry about that yet ... I've got my hands full just playing like a 15% range

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com