Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Poker Academy Software (pro,2.5..)

Old
Poker Academy Software (pro,2.5..) - Thu Jun 28, 2012, 08:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
Hi, after lots i research i saw some very good reviews on this software called poker academy, a number of pros have used it as well. But further research has left me stumped and confused. I read somewhere the company has gone bust and cant find anywhere info about where i can buy a genuine copy and look at the prices of the versions they offer. Very surprised a piece of software in a growing market that has received such good reviews is not readily available. Any input would be great or if you know any software similar to the poker academy?

Old
Thu Jun 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi Horatio022
Welcome To Pokerschoolonline, We have a great bunch of people here and some really great features to help us improve our game. You may like to look at some. This link will give you lots of useful information.

Concerning software this link will take you to the PokerStars prohibited software page which you may find helpful.

Enjoy your stay, and good luck.

Regards

Tony

Old
Thu Jun 28, 2012, 10:58 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Horatio022,

Welcome to the Forum, nice to see you here.

I looked up Poker Academy on Google as I hadn't heard of it before. It seems to be a place where you can, or could have, played out hands against 'virtual' players as a means of training without investing any money.

Personally, I would rather play out some play money/ micro cash games on PokerStars and if I got into a spot I would post the hand here at PSO for review by one of our hand analysers.

As far as software goes I use Hold'em Manager 2 for reading of stats and keeping track of profit/loss etc. You can try this out on a free trial.

Let me know if you need any help loading hands into your free Hand Replayer here and theres plenty of good people here that will offer you some solid advice on improving your game

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 28, 2012, 08:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Poker Academy was part of Full Tilt Poker, so obviously when FT were forced to close doors, so did the Academy.

It was FT's equivalent of PSO, But with far more variety of substance and content.

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 03:40 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
Poker Academy was part of Full Tilt Poker, so obviously when FT were forced to close doors, so did the Academy.

It was FT's equivalent of PSO, But with far more variety of substance and content.
I was/am a member (just started BRM Module) but didn't go on much as FT website (just started before BlackFriday, BRM Module was %13 done before BF) (software client & Website) used more bandwidth than PS) similar reason that i only seen few of the Training/Video's etc, Here on PS.
Is i'd not be able play each month if i watched these (I'm on a bandwidth Budget))
Multimedia-video/Audio/ Text/Animation/Graphic's, take alot of memory/Space =Bandwidth/HardDrive/RAM,( I tried follow your PM goals Moxie, but every time id open the thread the Hands would crash my PC my PC is just about 10yrs old lol, i use newer PC for work)

I know i'd be better player if i look at the Training/Video's etc, (after i hit $50 goal i hope Multimedia's great way of learning as people learn different ways ( Kinetic / Practical ( doing) Visual/Audio/Text etc)
All Thee Best

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 06:16 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 09:40 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
Hi thanks for the welcome and replys. I have definatly got alot to keep myself busy with. I did deposit £20 last week and play in 5/6 tournys but i didnt win anything and often got well and truely beat. I have just ordered 2nd hand super system 1 and 2 books by Doyle Brunson off ebay for £20 the pair and will probably get ace on the river book as well. I play poker on my smartphone (dragonplay) which is good practice. So i think its a matter of educating myself more now, i didnt realise there was so much to poker.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com