Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

1c/2c nlhe split pot

Old
1c/2c nlhe split pot - Thu Jun 28, 2012, 10:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=714D1EB3F5

The op involved was limping any 2 cards and knew the flop was well within his range

I re raised the flop to isolate the pot and the op just called

my thinking was that he hit the flop or was on some sort of draw

the turn come an instant danger card giving me 2 pair and him possibly 1 pair but at this time was weary about the straight

my question should i have worried about the straight with him playing any 2?

was my call at the end justified for the size of the pot?

Old
Thu Jun 28, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
LOL, you'll never learn

Have you watched any videos on cash games?
To me, this is terrible play, 97o is a fold
On the button, you fold or you raise
If the SB or the BB raises do you fold? If you fold than why did you limp?
Did you just limp to see the flop? that's how a fish plays

Your last post said you were playing just 1 tournament a week for $10 you've deposited. So now you're back playing anything anytime and even cash games, will you not learn?

Old
Thu Jun 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
This is a fold preflop, what are you going to hit that your happy with apart from a full house... If you wanted to take advantage of the opponent limping very wide then by all means isolate him by raising don't just limp behind. But with a hand such as this just fold.

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
There not even suited. What ya playing them for?

I dont need to put you on tilt bro, you never came off tilt lol.

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 11:13 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Definitely a fold pre. Pretty sure there's no need to insult the guy

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 10:57 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
It's fun to gamble, eh? It kind of feels like having a piece of Las Vegas fun, right in the comfort of your home, without having to travel and pay all the expenses - like playing the penny slot machines, where you can win a bit, or lose a bit. I guess that's how I was playing my first year online - like I was in Vegas

But when the losing a bit got to be losing a bit more, I guess the novelty got kind of old pretty fast, eh? Hence my goal to try and stop losing money

holdem, there's ways to play more EV without sacrificing too much of the fun. Like, so 'stormy07' has like an 80% range? So you could still play like a 25% range and still be ahead of theirs on average, according to pokerstove, eh?

Like here's the numbers from pokerstove:

These are the cards you could play with a 25% range (in the purple):

And then in position, like 97s would be close to that range and stuff ...

And on average, you'd be ahead of a player with an 80% range like 'stormy's' with this much equity:

I guess it might be a little more boring to play fewer hands ... but then you lose less money, so that always feels nice, eh?

PS Bummer that the river tied you guys up there

Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 11:12 PM
(#7)
thx for the range sam much appreciated, my loose calls may be the death of me lol, however im still on the winning path just need to tighten up my game at times.

And thankyou all the others who have commented will have a double read as always to make sure i got it right.

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 11:14 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
There not even suited. What ya playing them for?

I dont need to put you on tilt bro, you never came off tilt lol.
lol bruv im winning, i think i want it bruv no tilt and playing my socks off at times, watching videos on ere as suggested getting back into the stride i love it again.

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 11:20 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I thought you played it great post-flop! Nice cool calls without giving into the temptation to reraise and stuff

That's my biggest problem spot - post-flop with those 2nd nuts type hands like this one. Sometimes I think I see what I want to see instead of the warning signs of what might really be there ... so costly!

Ahhh well, we're all works in progress, eh? That's why we're here and not at the WSOP, eh? Just gotta do our best, what else can we do

PS Congrats on that great hand with the J8o ... very nice!!

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 11:34 PM
(#10)
cheers sam and wsop if you got the bucks you can enter lol, but yea without the learning the outcome would be obvious.

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 12:49 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi ace,

Definite fold preflop.

Post flop the line is fine imo, given the board texture, info, and action sequence I'd call him down too. Raising would be terrible and folding is too tight for the circumstances, so that leaves calling.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 01:32 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi ace,

Definite fold preflop.

Post flop the line is fine imo, given the board texture, info, and action sequence I'd call him down too. Raising would be terrible and folding is too tight for the circumstances, so that leaves calling.

Dave
Hey Dave, do you like the idea as an alternative of making a small reraise on the turn to get clarity?

Like if holdem were to raise $0.12 on the turn, then:
1) If the villain had the straight, they'd likely reraise, and then holdem can fold
2) If the villain didn't have the straight, then:
a. Maybe they'd fold,
b. And if they called the reraised, they'd be much less likely to lead out with another raise on the river, and by checking to holdem on the river the cost would be the same as it was in letting the other person have the initiative?

Is that called 'Raising to See a Free Card'?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com