Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Impossible to Fold?

Old
Impossible to Fold? - Thu Jun 28, 2012, 07:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Deep Stack 25bl with Antes, playing ABC poker and the hand before I hit a set too... Next hand this happened. Read on the guy is that he is a regular and plays good too. but can I ever fold this?

Your thoughts...

Till that point I was very happy with my session and was 90$ up...

Regards
Etienne

Old
Thu Jun 28, 2012, 07:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
***moved to better fitting forum JWK24***

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 12:22 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi etipac,

If he's a regular who plays well, this is a fold preflop, you can't profitably call this 3b pre to set mine and it's going to be hard to take the pot away out of position vs a strong player.

Post flop I don't think I'm folding a set, but when he 3b jams the flop we are praying he thinks we're on a draw and is deciding to stack an overpair... may be wishful thinking. Or hoping he has AdKd and is semi-bluffing (which is not good vs. the line we took but you'll see it). I think stacking off is ok here though.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com