Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Cash out

Old
Cash out - Fri Jun 29, 2012, 12:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Heys people, for everyone who's grinding online, when is the optimal time for you to end the session? Some prefer to end at a peak profit. For me, I don't know when my peak is, so I just set a duration to keep playing till the time is up.

What's everyone's take on this?

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TheAwesomeNW!

For me, it depends. If there are a couple fish at the table, I'll stay longer, but I try to end a table at about a 50% profit from my buy-in. Depending on the table dynamics though, it could be much sooner or longer than that.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 29, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Like everything else finish Happy!!!!

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 12:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
When you are running good chase the good run and keep playing but alot of people make the mistake of chasing the losses thinking they will make it up. Rarely does that work.

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 11:24 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
My sessions are time based, usually 1-2 hours
As for the tables, I close them once I reach 100% return

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 12:55 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2011
Staying as long as you feel you are the favorite and can beat the game, get out if it becomes too tough or there's some tiredness, distraction and focus loss.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com