Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Poker tools

Old
Poker tools - Sat Jun 30, 2012, 08:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
I am relatively new and thinking of getting a poker tool to help my decisions and give me real time info on stats etc. Any advice on the best or what to avoid.

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 08:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverman456 View Post
I am relatively new and thinking of getting a poker tool to help my decisions and give me real time info on stats etc. Any advice on the best or what to avoid.
Hi there Silverman,

Very nice to meet you. The two most popular are Poker Tracker 3 and Hold'em Manager 2.

I use HM2 and it works great for me. Both are available for a limited free trial.

As it's your first post here I am going to give you this link and it will be useful to you to get started here.

Another great way to learn is to post as many questions and hands for review here at the school as you can. There's plenty of great members here who will offer you solid advice.

If you want to know more about how to post a hand for review let me know!

Good luck on the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thanks - Sat Jun 30, 2012, 08:23 AM
(#3)
Thanks for that - I just seem to do OK at the start of SNG but get to last third and then risk it too much - but need to build chips so need something on m y shoulder saying "don't be daft stupid"

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 11:04 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
hi mate royals spot on there mate, i dont personally use any off them but each to there own.

If you are busting out in the later stages off sngs it is most likely though that you are not adjusting to the fact that in the later stages the competition becomes stronger with less fish in the pool to take.

You may want to have a look at your end game and analise a bit of play in the tournement hand section where as a hand analiser will go through your hands for you.

hope this helps

Old
Thanks - Sun Jul 01, 2012, 02:39 PM
(#5)
Thanks - I suppose this is all part of the journey and a tleast its going in the right direction. I am working through the tuition videos etc and need to balance time playing and learning.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com