Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Poker Books

Old
Poker Books - Sat Jun 30, 2012, 09:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi PSO members, just wondered if anyone could recommend any Poker SNG/Tourney books that I could get, or any other books for that matter on NLH that can help regarding general issues on game and strategy??

I watched 1 of The Langoliers training videos where he says if your guna get any Poker book, you should invest in The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky, so this exactly what I have done and a copy of this has been ordered from Amazon, and is on way to me as I type

I'm interested to know however if there are any other good books available, specifically for SNG and Tourney play as these are the games I play on a regular basis.

Any help would be much appreciated guys.

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 10:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi seancoppo,

You've made a wise choice by ordering a sklanksy book
A book that rates very highly by all MTT players is 'Winning poker tournaments one hand at a time'. I am not a book reader by any means but I can read this book, it has some excellent advice, tips, and thought processes from three of the online's greatest , 'Pearljammer, Rizen and Apestyles.

They have releases a volume 2 of this book and I hear excellent reviews for it.
Have a quick google search I think you'l really like it

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
Im looking into books as well. Not sure if this is to helpfull or not but amazon have poker books with reviews and ratings by people who have bought them, seems to be more reviews on amazon.com rather than country specific sites.

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 11:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi seancoppo!

I agree with Chris. I've read both volume 1 and 2 of Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time. They are both great books.
I've also read Super System and am in the middle of Super System 2.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2011
Hi everyone! Can you please advise some books to improve the hand reading skill (except for Mike Caro Poker tells as I've read this one). Something that would help online play is most desired. Thank you

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 01:12 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2012
Cheers for the advice Chris, i'l have a little browse now, just theres so many to choose from!!

Old
Sun Jul 01, 2012, 03:45 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2011
I'm reading Sklansky's Theory of Poker, though it touches on most forms of poker, but yes, it is an informative and interesting read.

I understand Dan Harrington has written some excellent books too.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com