Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Goals for 2nd half of 2012 Starting July 2012

Old
Goals for 2nd half of 2012 Starting July 2012 - Sat Jun 30, 2012, 01:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Have redone my poker goals (haven't been following them for 2 months and my focus will bear that out.)

Overall

Increase my knowledge of poker MTT's ,cash and sit and go's. To do this I intend to study Videos and read various books. I intend to Start with cash games to build up my bankroll.

Monthly goals

Restrict cash table play to 2 x 2 hour sessions reducing to 1 x 2 hour session in September. Add an extra table in each month currently 6 tabling cash games .
Play home games and MTT's out of the 2 hour window.

Weekly goals (July )

28 hours (max ) cash games
10 mone games
4 MTT's
2 videos and 1 book
1 hour of hand review

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 01:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
All Thee Best, Luck,Skill,Decisions & for your future endeavor'sGrade b
My goals for July will be to take it easy poker wise, expect the PSO Series and I'll do some poker study, and set my next goal's/challenge's.
All Thee Best

Old
Sat Jun 30, 2012, 01:52 PM
(#3)
TY hightimes

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 08, 2012, 11:06 PM
(#4)
so one week in and..........

up $6.28 after 5164 hands of 1/2nl

videos = 0
books = 1

hours played =20.3

so far so good

week two here i come!!!

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
(#5)
So 1/3 of the month gone and still on track....
My Currency Won in USD over Hands Played for Grade b.jpg

Played 7300 hands in last 11 days. Mostly 6 tabling but some times 4 some 2 and for 1 hour 8. I found the 8 too distracting as i'm currently working on table / player reads. I'm getting better at typing players and have found at this level a simple rule of thmb to be try. (1/2 c )

Passive players tend to call a lot so value bet them. when they lead or raise they have it so what is you hand worth now (ok so even though i know this i am still calling too much with mid pair or flush draws to see sets top top or worse.

TAG's (and Nits) - tend to be ABCas thats the basic model i'm coming from its easy to take a pot away when they range misses- good candidates for playing that speculative 89s hand against, good candidate for folding AQo or AJo against (cos you is crushed baby)

LAGS - my favorite folks at the table not afriad to call a 3 bet 4 bet or 5 bet with KQo (seen far worse to) or to bluff with air. Don't mind calling with middle pair here or a draw as they will give me good odds and play with far worse. Lost a few stacks to monsters won several more to calling bluffs.

I have also noted 2 players who i tagged red. Had then as TAGS, but they play tricky - these are the two players i want to be like....I have a way to go yet but hey i'm getting there.

So 1/2 way through my second book.

Posted a bunch of hands in the forum and reviewed some others. Also posted a few topics my current skill i'm tring to get going for me. HAND reading (through player type) and table selection.

Watched a 1/2nl replyer session by DAve the Langoier and will rewatch the profiling ones later today.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 14, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#6)
Hi all week 2 is in the books.

Played to date a total of 8964 hands slowed up as not played so many zoom hands this week. Plus made 3 deep runs into the prem league.

So after week 1 i was

-$1.81
(after 12 days i was up $22 dollars)

but back to earth with a crash yesterday i finish two weeks at +$11.43
which given my great day yesterday (not -13.47 over 1,032 hands )

It is nice to look at the whole month and i think I owe Sandtrap777 a beer for getting me to lay out the goals and take a look not just one ays bad result.

I had also taken some of my bank roll to play 4 of the PSO series games which is a little daft as i don't have the bank roll to support that. So for the micro millions i am either going to deposit to play or wait till next time.

My Currency Won in USD over Hands Played for Grade b.jpg

Grade b

ps there for as of now
bankroll cash = $76
bank roll other = $2.40

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Sat Jul 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: added bank roll in

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 12:03 PM
(#7)
Hi all its the 27th but I'm updating this to help me get my head together.

So about a week ago i got a boost to my bank roll. I'm doing ok at 2nl $18.88 profit 6.3 BB/100

so i decided to take a shot at 5nl and currently sit at -$20.37 -11.7 bb/100

so I have decided to step back down to 2nl played 160 hands 2nl yesterday and won $3.09

so why the disparity...

I have some ideas
1. my style of play is no good at 5nl
2. Players are far better at 5nl (similar to 1 i know)
3. I was unlucky.

so which is it

1. Well this is true enough I am learning and trying different things as I go. I also had 4 tables at 5Nl rather than 6 at 2nl.

2. seems unlikely but could be i guess.

3. come on PT4 ....All in adjusted says -$1.16 compiared to loss of 20.37 so i'm getting my money in good and getting luckboxed out a fair bit (you know who you are 4 on the river still hurts Royal). But note that my all in adjusted does not put me in the positive.

so I think its a mix of all 3.

For August i have a bankroll of $100, i shall be putting $20 aside for some flame games, do some more learning (i hope) and continue at 2nl.

so overall stats including Zoom games make for horrific reading so if you have a faint heart look away now

hands 17,516 won -$13.05 bb/100 +0.44 Hours 70.50.

Will add a final amendment on AUg 1st when i hope to be close to 20k hands

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 12:30 PM
(#8)
July is in the books.

Read 3 differant books watched 2 videos.

Comfterble playing 8 tables 2nl

Played 21,487 hands of cash game poker over 7 differant stakes 2nl or 5 nl 6 max zoom full ring HE and Omaha 8 (19 hands of Omaha 8!!)

-$5.88

Played for 81.10 hours

so aver 265 hand an hour.

should be able to improve that next month.

Next month i will continue the grind at 2nl

play the flame

play the prem

gl

grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 12:53 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Played 21,487 hands of cash game poker over 7 differant stakes 2nl or 5 nl 6 max zoom full ring HE and Omaha 8 (19 hands of Omaha 8!!)

-$5.88
Played for 81.10 hours

grade b

Just a suggestion,
Stick to one kind of cash game and work on it
Playing in 7 different cash games doesn't help in your learning, it's 7 different styles

Good luck this month

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 02:52 PM
(#10)
Having played this month i do agree, mind you most of the games were NLHE and my tracker counts zoom as a differant game.

so will concintrate on full ring NLHE

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
(#11)
tis the 11th and although not planned i have only 11.3 hour of ring games. This is due to a mix of family stuff and playing the flame games.

So have played 4032 hands (356.8 H/H)
Profit of $9.42
bb/100 = 11.49

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 12, 2012, 05:14 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
nice work good luck gradeb

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com