Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

0.50$

Old
0.50$ - Sun Jul 01, 2012, 05:27 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
hello everyone

i just finished 1300 in the open leage and get 0.50$

when do i get the chips?

what the best table or tornament to into with 0.50$?

thanks The Gumbler9

Old
Welcome - Sun Jul 01, 2012, 10:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Welcome to the PSO forum. Congratulations on making the end of the month prize pool in the open league.

You might want to take a look at the many things that are available in this site. There is lots of information on how to have an advantage on your opponents.

If you do not want to make a deposit, it is possible to build a bankroll from nothing. Several active PSOers have done it. However you should stick to freerolls until you get a little more than $0.50 in your account. Andy has a series of videos on one approach available here. Look for sessions 17,18,21 to 23, and 24 to give you an idea about the challenges you will face.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 01, 2012, 10:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
I disagree Doug, I'd dive straight into the 10 cents NL $50 added Turbo's and play 5 of these along with playing any freerolls I could get in to.

Freerolls are donk fests and while the 10c games might be similar, they will have less players and a slightly higher skill level meaning some players will at least respect a bet.

imo you cannot sensibly bankroll at this level. Either deposit or go for an aggressive strategy.

I've done the zero to hero on a few sites (but not Stars) and speak from experience doing it both ways.

Old
Sun Jul 01, 2012, 12:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
IF the goal is to build a BR and you are new to poker, I think the more conservative approach of sticking to freerolls is a better idea. The time you spend ginding your way through these gains you valuable experience.

IF you are already an experienced player already, or you just play for fun, then I like the idea of hitting the .10 tourneys, although they aren't much better than the freerolls (I still play these once in a while to remind myself how hard it was to get my BR)..

Old
Sun Jul 01, 2012, 06:18 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
It's money you never had and tbf you could be playing with money you never had from now to kingdom come.

Freerolls have far more numbers and a lot less skill. Get away from freerolls asap imo.

Old
yeh - Wed Jul 04, 2012, 07:37 PM
(#6)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
i finish 4th in the 0.02 990 and won 2.20$

can i cashout it?

Last edited by The Gumbler9; Wed Jul 04, 2012 at 07:40 PM..

Old
deposits & withdrawals - Wed Jul 04, 2012, 08:01 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Congratulations on the good finish. There is a minimum of $10 for both deposits and withdrawals. You will need a few more cashes before you can make that first withdrawal. But yoyu are of to a good start.

Keep it up
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com