Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Wrong timezones? How to set times on PSO to UK, so I know when live training starts?

Old
Wrong timezones? How to set times on PSO to UK, so I know when live training starts? - Sun Jul 01, 2012, 12:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
BronzeStar
My timezones are wrong and it's annoying as I don't know when the live training sessions are as they are in not in London times, anyway how to solve this problem?

Old
Sun Jul 01, 2012, 12:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi OutTheHouse,

For Live Training we traditionally use Eastern Standard Time for scheduling. (It would be impossible to list all the time zones)

To convert to London time just add 5 hours. For example, Tyler Frosts next session is at 14:00 EST.
Add 5 hours to that and it's 19:00 Greenwich Mean Time (London)

For the Forum you can change your settings so that the time stamp of each post appears in your local time. To do this select 'Go To' > 'Settings' from the top of this page.

Hope this helps,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thanks - Sun Jul 01, 2012, 01:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
BronzeStar
Aw that's a shame you cant do that, I will just have to use the +5hour rule to get to GMT. Atleast I have changed my forum time

OTH

Old
Sun Jul 01, 2012, 03:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I have two clocks on my screen, one set to local time (BST at the moment ) and one set to ET for the Poker. This helps a little.

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 04:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2010
Sorry for digging old threads back up, but as I'm trying to be more active on PSO so why not help making it even better

Quote:
For Live Training we traditionally use Eastern Standard Time for scheduling. (It would be impossible to list all the time zones)
Isn't it possible to add a timezone setting to the profiles and use that setting for displaying the live training times in the "correct" timezone? That would be a great feature if you'd ask me.

Also when I set my timezone in the forum to GMT+1 (my timezone), but set DST to auto detect, then the forum times are 1 hour off. I had to manually set DST off to get the correct times. Is this a bug in the forum? I hope I won't forget to turn it on later this year

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 12:22 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi PokerIggy,

Thank you for your contribution to the forum. Ideas and suggestions can be forwarded to ideas@mypokerschoolonline.com. More information on this procedure can be found HERE.
Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 05:43 AM
(#7)
Thanks for your reply. I've just send an email. Now lets hope it will be implemented.

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 04:11 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2013
when you open an individual live training session for registration, it actually tells you starting time in relative terms, eg. "in 2 hours" so the timezone isn't needed.

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 04:35 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvokeNZ View Post
when you open an individual live training session for registration, it actually tells you starting time in relative terms, eg. "in 2 hours" so the timezone isn't needed.
That's another way of looking at it too and some members still might not be aware that you can set email alerts to tell you when your live training session is on.

Iggyo wrote a good blog about this a while back. Here it is.

New Feature: Alerts for Live Training

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 04:53 AM
(#10)
Thanks for the tips!

But still having the option to set a timezone in your profile could also provide other possibilities. Like being able to know in which timezone other forum users are. As I'm pretty new here at the forum I don't know a lot of you guys so by adding the timezone to the user profile it can give me some more information about you guys. Always nice to know to whom I'm talking

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:13 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerIggy View Post
Thanks for the tips!
But still having the option to set a timezone in your profile could also provide other possibilities. Like being able to know in which timezone other forum users are.
Not 100% sure but I think this was tried before and having all the different time zones visible confused a lot of members as opposed to having one uniform time zone for the school.

For example, it's much easier for everyone to say that the Live Training is on today at 15:00 EST

As opposed to different people saying , 'I was at Live Training at 8pm, another at 10pm, I'm talking about the one at 2am' etc ... when they are all talking about the actual same session. It becomes very confusing.

Two tips:

1) I use the World Clock feature onmy desktop which displays my local time as well as EST time, it's very handy for PSO user's

2) If you want to find out where members are from click on their avatar picture. If they have included that information in their profile you'll see it there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:16 AM
(#12)
Again, thanks! I'll definitely install a clock then. This will make it a bit easier to convert the times.

I do like your quick responses Keep up the goor work!

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:19 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerIggy View Post
I'll definitely install a clock then. This will make it a bit easier to convert the times.
You might already have one on your Desktop ...

Open up the clock on the bottom of your screen and see if there's an option to add a clock.

Here's my clock, the left one is my local time and the right one is EST.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Wed Feb 13, 2013 at 05:21 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com