Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Play money rake

Old
Play money rake - Sun Jul 01, 2012, 07:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
(on ring games)
I just realised 'stars is "charging" rake (just under 5%) on play money ring games.
Not complaining - I mean, who cares? - just find it a bit... pointless?
Maybe not though, I guess it reduces "inflation" due to new players reloading for free.

Anyway, I was aware they were charging it in play money tourneys, but at ring games it's news to me... or has it been going on for a while and I just noticed?

Or is it that they now have a rake indicator for real money games (nice idea) and they put it on the play money to show it off?

As I said, rather irrelevant, just wondering aloud.

Old
Mon Jul 02, 2012, 10:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
You know its funny you posted this because I noticed it yesturday to. I thought the same that it is pointless to rake in funny money. WHY?

Old
Mon Jul 02, 2012, 10:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Pokerstars gave me the following response re rake on play money tables, which i hope you will find helpful.

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

In order to create the most realistic poker room experience for all of our players, we recently introduced our Rake system to Play Money games.

As you may know, in our Real Money games, PokerStars takes a small portion of each pot in ring games (cash games) as compensation for providing our games and other player services such as Support. This payment is called the "rake". The rake rate is 5%, up to a maximum of $3 in most games.

In tournaments the rake is paid on registration and consists of a small percentage of the buy-in. No ‘per hand’ rake is taken in tournaments; there is only an initial fee to enter.

To help create the exciting atmosphere of a true to life card room, we have adjusted our Play Money games in a similar fashion.

We will charge an initial fee when you register in a Play Money Tournament and a 4.5% rake in Ring Games with a cap based on stakes. For No Limit and Pot Limit games, the maximum rake will be of 500 chips in the highest stakes. On the other hand, Fixed Limit games will be capped out at 200 chips when playing stakes of 400/800.

Old
Too funny - Mon Jul 02, 2012, 01:11 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
ChromeStar
Do we get fake fpps and vpps too? Then we could go to the store and go window shopping with out wish list.

2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 02, 2012, 03:00 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILLI 2 U View Post
Do we get fake fpps and vpps too? Then we could go to the store and go window shopping with out wish list.
Hahahahaha. That would make it much more realistic for me and think this should be implemented immediately.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com