Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Poker timing

Old
Poker timing - Mon Jul 02, 2012, 05:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Within your life decissions, timing often plays a part of every day living. The planning for the holidays or a night out is all about the timing and what best suits these activities.

The same can be said for the game of poker, timing is the key to winning more so than the cards.

This may sound a bit strange to you so i will explain what i mean by this. Ok, we have just picked the kids up from school, they are screaming and making a noise as normal, is it a good idea to play poker at this time?
The obvious answer is no.

This is just one of many examples, so how can we use timing to influence the game?

The simple answer is we find players with worse timing than ours and they are the ones we take the chips off.

How do we do this, its impossible you may say to know what timing others are on with their every day play, and what circumstances is happening around them.

However if we look deep into this subject we all can obviously see the advantage of playing players at 6am in the morning from the UK, when they have been on all night.

And avoiding the Australian players when they have fresh heads compared to the time zones etc.

What i am trying to get through to you all is simply a bit of thought about timing, this willl help some of you in more ways than you can think, especailly if you have tilt issues like myself.

Plan your games in detail like you would a night out, consider the opposition and there time zones along with this.

I hope some of you understand what i am saying, i have read it back to myself and its confusing lol,

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com