Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Got some questions

Old
Got some questions - Tue Jul 03, 2012, 10:24 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
Do i still get points for the open skill league even if i havent passed the core quiz yet? I did the basic one and am not able to take the core quiz till tomorrow. I played in a tourny however and am doing pretty ok so far (900 people left, ive got 30k chips or so. decent :p)

Will i get points for this? Where do i go to see how many points i have got. also beside 'YOUR LEVEL it says 150+, what does that mean?

Thanks!

Old
Tue Jul 03, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Banktewn!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you familiar with many of the things that PSO has to offer.

You will start to accumulate positive and negative points for your open league finishes. Here is a link to an overview of the leagues and here is a link to the Open League's leaderboard. Please note that the scores will not be updated until after a given tourney is totally finished, not when a player is knocked out of a game.

The points for your level is how many VPP's that you earned. For watching the videos and participating in live trainings, some take a given level of VPP's. Some are available to all, some are only for players that have earned 20+VPPs and some are only for players that have earned 150+VPPs. If you're at 150+, then you will be able to take advantage of everything on the site. The level also affects the league payouts, for example, in the open league, there are two prize levels. One for less than 20VPP, one for over 20+VPP.
These VPP levels also need to be maintained each and every month or you will drop to whatever level that you have achieved. The league prizes are based on VPP's from the previous month.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 03, 2012, 12:11 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
Ah ok, i understand now I placed 84th in the tourny out of 10,000 sucked out in the end with KK vs A2 on the river.

Anyway, will i be able to see my points on the leaderboards after this tourny finishes? This is my first open league game this month, do i need to play more games before i show up on the leagues or does that not matter?

Thanks for the quick response!

Old
Tue Jul 03, 2012, 12:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Banktewn!

Yes, you will show up on the leaderboard when the scores go in for the game that you played. You will need to play 5 games to qualify for any of the league prizes, but you will show on the leaderboard.

Good luck.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com