Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

And thats how you bust another Big 4.40

Old
And thats how you bust another Big 4.40 - Wed Jul 04, 2012, 08:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

So the story goes..
Din have much read on the villain that went to showdown (the one that called T4s pre-flop).
Anyways, morale of the story is bust the tourney, go grind some cash at micros, and get back the cash in 10-14 mins?? (Got in the tourney thru a satty tho)

But seriously, I reckon I made the "correct" move pre by trying to squeeze and maybe the correct call on the flop?

Comments and criticisms are most welcome!

Old
Wed Jul 04, 2012, 08:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Pre-flop actions in order preference:
Fold -- Facing an all-in and a min 3-bet with two callers I don't like my chances here. I have to hit this hand twice to be happy with the flop.

Call -- See a flop for about 8% of your stack may be worth with it this many in the pot.

Raise big -- See if you can get heads-up with the all-in who should be on a wide range. The chance of getting 3 folds in small I would think so its very very read dependent. If the 3-bettor calls one or both may follow, a very bad situation. And you may get 5-bet if the min raiser has a real hand.

Raise small -- Of all the choices this is by far the worst. All you are doing is inflating the pot with a weak hand.

Old
Thu Jul 05, 2012, 12:57 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi wikked76!

With KQ on the button and a shove, a 4-bet and 2 flats of a 4-bet, I'm mucking KQ here.
KQ plays much better against less people and I'd rather save my chips for a deeper run in the tourney.
I don't want to get my chips into a very marginal situaiton where I many not have the best hand.

If I did want to try a play here, then I'd need to bet enough that will price out all but the one player already all-in. To do so, I'd want to raise much more than what's in the pot (basically shove) and I would only want to do so if I knew that the other opps would fold. If I knew they'd call, I would not want to try anything here. Small raises with this many in the pot will bloat the pot and entice the opps to call.... which I would want them to fold with a marginal hand like KQ.

I'll muck KQ preflop and look for a spot with less opps in the pot or with a much better hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 05, 2012, 12:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey guys, many thanks for the comments and analysis.
Yeah, I guess I shudda mucked pre wif KQo, my plan was to steal preflop but overplayed the hand.
Got burned this time but hopefully the last

Anyways GL at the felt(s)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com