Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Seems a good fold or?

Old
Seems a good fold or? - Thu Jul 05, 2012, 07:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
The only read I have on the guy is that once I had KK and in deepstack he reraised me all in with his AKoff. So that could indicate being agro...

I think a fold here is good ey? as he is representing good strength.

Etienne

Old
Thu Jul 05, 2012, 07:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Etienne,

Without reads on the button, it's generally just better to fold directly to his 3b. I realize that sounds weak with JJ, but without specific exploitable reads you're just not going to be able to play this spot profitably out of position on only 100 bb's. If you 4b you're value owning yourself too often, you don't have great implied odds to set mine out of position and you'll be either check-folding the flop a lot, or continuing in a spot where if you're good you will win a medium-sized pot, and if you're not you'll get felted a ton. With specific reads you might know how to play this profitably (like vs a very laggy player just 4b and get it in as they'll stack off plenty of worse hands for example.

I do like the fold to the flat back-raise jam.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com