Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Something I Learned Watching WSOP Stream

Old
Something I Learned Watching WSOP Stream - Thu Jul 05, 2012, 02:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Early in the One Drop tournament Daniel and the Poker Brat were heads up in a hand where Phil caught a five on the river to make his straight. Daniel was smiling and remained in good humor. Tuchman was doing the voice over and asked us to imagine Phil's reaction if the hand had gone Daniel's way instead.

It was a good question, as Phil had earlier demonstrated what happens when an opponent lucks out on him. (muttering, whining and a decidedly sour look on his face as he stands and turns his back to the table)

To my chagrin I was struck with the embarrassing realization that I am often Phil-like when on the losing end of Lady Luck's random river cards. No more. From now on it will be "Nice hand Sir" or no chat at all. I'll work on it. I'd rather be a Daniel.....

Old
Thu Jul 05, 2012, 04:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
FYI ..At PokerStars online tables, chat which is considered as mild table banter is perfectly acceptable and allowed in the chat rules, however if the banter is repeated, and a player calls a chat Mod complaining, repeated table banter could be considered by the moderator to be harassment and , depending on the offending players History could result in the loss of chat for a period of time.

Just thought you would like to know.

Enjoy your games.

Old
Thu Jul 05, 2012, 06:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
There you go Red. Now you know

Old
Thu Jul 05, 2012, 06:49 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltshireman View Post
FYI ..At PokerStars online tables, chat which is considered as mild table banter is perfectly acceptable and allowed in the chat rules, however if the banter is repeated, and a player calls a chat Mod complaining, repeated table banter could be considered by the moderator to be harassment and , depending on the offending players History could result in the loss of chat for a period of time.

Just thought you would like to know.

Enjoy your games.
DMan.....I'm a bit confused with Wiltshireman's post. Does this mean it was okay to call someone an effin' moron once but not twice?
Well, doesn't really matter. Am turning over a new leaf. Nothing but smileys in the chat.

(And no Wilt, I wasn't warned or sanctioned. Just appreciated the way Daniel handles adversity when compared with Freakin' Phil.)

Old
Thu Jul 05, 2012, 08:57 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Yeah Red you noobie,now ya know better,LOL.

I actually stole one of your lines for a while before US peeps got donked off of here. That crack you made on the FT in one of your 50 FPP tourney binks,dude was raising every hand for like an orbit and a half and you typed in "Houston,we have an a-hole".

(Used it when confronted with the "jajajajajajaja" crowd especially...)

PS,

I know I'm not the only one that thought wiltshireman's advice would be better sent to our good friend "Silent Bob" right?

Old
Thu Jul 05, 2012, 11:19 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

I actually stole one of your lines for a while before US peeps got donked off of here. That crack you made on the FT in one of your 50 FPP tourney binks,dude was raising every hand for like an orbit and a half and you typed in "Houston,we have an a-hole".

PS,

I know I'm not the only one that thought wiltshireman's advice would be better sent to our good friend "Silent Bob" right?
+1

Old
Thu Jul 05, 2012, 11:34 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Yeah... that seems like it's right up Silent's alley.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 06, 2012, 01:07 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

PS,

I'm not entirely sure why, but something about the first line of this made me laugh.

And then the LAST line of this made me spew some beer outta my face.

So... Thanks very much.

And Red, yeah, that's a good way to go about playing your game. "Oh, you just called me down to the river with THAT SHIZZ? Yeah, very nice hand..." You'll get them next time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com