Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50nl beat up...

Old
50nl beat up... - Sat Jul 07, 2012, 07:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
I had just sat and only had a couple of hands as read on him and he seemed fairly loose and aggro

When this happened...

I believe of course I over played it for sure and seeing it again makes you think I had enough info for folding but 47 to open with 8bb raise from early... grrr.

How could I have walked away from it? 3betting to 8$ with JJ?

Thanks
Etienne

Old
Sun Jul 08, 2012, 12:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
hi Etienne.

If your read is that the ep raiser is loose and aggro, then yes I'd want to 3bet JJ pre rather than flatting as you did.

By flatting you left the SPR going to the flop too high to really love stacking off with a single pair hand, and you were facing an opp who may well test your resolve too strongly with a wide range of crud to love folding.

So in this spot you'd really have preferred to get the pot a bit larger pre, say raising to around $6 to $8 to go, and either fold out his random cheese, or charge him a stiff price to see the flop. Had he called that 3bet amount with 74, then he is fighting WAY up hill vs you, and he is not going to flop the world anywhere near often enough to make his call profitable.

If a call for him is not +eV, it is in your best interests to try getting him to try making it.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com