Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

STT $ 1,50, AJs, Bad Call?

Old
STT $ 1,50, AJs, Bad Call? - Sun Jul 08, 2012, 04:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Think this call is not good. Maybe AQ+ is correct. What do you think about?

Old
Sun Jul 08, 2012, 05:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Ouch. Did you have any reads?

Old
Sun Jul 08, 2012, 05:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
you were a favorite when you got the money in. And with the blinds as high as they are can you really wait for a better spot? after all your trying to get into get top 3.

Old
Sun Jul 08, 2012, 06:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Ahcrata.

I am not at my home computer, so I do not have poker stove to "show" you the data, but my gut is telling me that unless this opp has KQo as the absolute BOTTOM END of his shove range on a 5BB stack in EP, you probably had the equity to call.

You are somewhere north of 60% equity vs the actual hand shown down, and even as around a 40% DOG to his entire range, the dead money in the blinds (if they fold out) probably gives you the right price to call on AJs here. With 5BB left in your stack, how long can you expect to WAIT for a monster?

Keep in mind you give us no idea where you are at in terms of ITM, nor do you give structure info, but unless this guy is an uber nit and you are right on the bubble, this feels like a call all day long.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 08, 2012, 08:33 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
home now!

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 42.858% 37.69% 05.17% 60659036 8324061.50 { AhJh }
Hand 1: 57.142% 51.97% 05.17% 83649417 8324061.50 { 77+, ATs+, KQs, AJo+, KQo }

I included this range as it incorporates all the hands (pretty much) in the same grouping as KQo. As I thought, you are not "ahead" of this range, but with the dead money in you are getting right aobut 1.3 to 1 to call. That means you "need" only about 43.5% equity to break even on the call even if the guy is a nit and KQo is the absolute bottom of his shove range this short. You have about 42.8% so even 1 "extra" hand in his range gives you the price to call, and your stack size (as long as you cannot itm without playing a hand) probably "demands" you take an underneath spot, so long as the price warrants it.

hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Sun Jul 08, 2012 at 08:36 PM..

Old
Sun Jul 08, 2012, 08:39 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Oh, and by the way...

You have 61.8% vs all combo's of KQo.

Yes, those numbers ARE knowable without poker stove, but it always good to back check after the fact! ;-)

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com