Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

do i need more patience and things will start to happen

Old
Question
do i need more patience and things will start to happen - Mon Jul 09, 2012, 06:00 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
Basically i have been playing no limit holdem for 2 months now and have realized it all comes down to 2 cards, with a lot of psychology thrown in, its almost the perfect game for the egomaniac. Whats happening is i,m losing because of my lack of patience and not managing my stack correctly will this come the more i play. I,m rarely being outplayed before the flop but am losing a lot more after the flop, turn, and river than i am winning, i need to be more patient and pick my battles better can anyone give me any tips. I know i have a lot to learn as i have only been playing for 2 months, this was my first post and should have come across better, any tips more than welcome

Last edited by flidy; Mon Jul 09, 2012 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: im not really this arrogant

Old
Mon Jul 09, 2012, 08:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
short answer - yes

long answer (wheres JDean)

the game is about
1. study
2. study
3. study
4. playing (and studying)

where to start? Forums can be a good place you can use the hand replayer to post a few hands that gave you problems

live trainings are great as you can ask all the questions you want answered and so far none of the trainers has said holy cow Grade b don't you get that yet " (at least in public.) they are great at explaining the game.

The same is true of a lot of the moderators and regulars in the forums.

the video archive is a great collection of material.

i watched this video toda for second time it has some great points about the table and how to play player types..
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-February-2012
Oh by the way Welcome to the forums!!!

What games and what levels do you play flidy?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Mon Jul 09, 2012 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: added a video example

Old
Tue Jul 10, 2012, 05:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Flidy,

I'd agree with Grade here, it's down to hard work and dedication. For every hour I play poker I try to spend the same studying the game, reviewing my plays etc.

As it's your first post may I say welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Check out this useful link.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Tue Jul 10, 2012 at 05:50 AM..

Old
Talking
Tue Jul 10, 2012, 07:03 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
I don,t have a grade i am now only playing free rolls to teach myself a lesson for my own arrogance, when i have the patience and do well in a free roll, i will then go back to entering small limit tournaments to learn more, the higher i go the better players i will come up against. I,m watching the pro,s all the time and learning all the time.

Old
Tue Jul 10, 2012, 08:48 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
When you say you are watching the pro's.... Do you mean on TV,

Watching Tom Dwan make insane bluffs which are based on thousand of hours of study and math and reads?

The Pros play at a different level to most of us, but they all started with a solid understanding of the game.

when you are ready to play for some cash you might want to consider one or two of the challenges thrown out by pso members.

I suspect that if you are like me its not patance you lack but rather a goal to keep you focused

we have the play money challange

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ge-open-to-all

or sit and go

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...oy-s-Challenge!

and finally Sandtrap777 challenged us to set up goals for our selfs

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...777-2012-goals

I hope some of this helps

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Lots of patience - Wed Jul 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
(#6)
Since: May 2011
And of course no matter how much study you do -

patience
patience
patience

Because this will happen time and time again:

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com