Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

facing all in shove on river with 2nd set.

Old
facing all in shove on river with 2nd set. - Tue Jul 10, 2012, 12:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

Have played 170 ish hands with mallki12 this last 2 weeks - plays a straight laced ABC style without too much trickiness (that i have noticed)

have seen him 3 bet big pairs and big suited Aces.

So after such a passive line right up to the river should i be sticking with my orignal hand range of small to mid pair medium suited A.

I need to call $1.36 to win $2.79 with my shaky looking set.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 09:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
hi Grade B!

To me, this hand is one you'd really need to provide more info on what he might have seen YOU do in the past. Have you mucked to float plays before? the more history you have with an opp, the more possible it becomes to conceive of him trying "moves".

To be honest, if this guy is totally ABC, even in his pre flop play, it is quite likely he is on a minor over pair like 88/99, as well as something like 55 or 77. Your line did not look uber strong (although you did fire 3 x barrels), and it may sniff a bit like un paired overs. As such, there MAY be just enough chance he is over valuing a minor over pair that given the odds here, and all 3 barrels you fired, it may tilt me toward a call.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 09:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
thanks Jdean,

man that means more notes for me to take (lol) have to be honest no real idea what he has seen but for sure he will have seen lay downs against passive players and looser calls against loose aggressive ones so no it also depends as to how well he is keeping notes against other players.

Ashamed to admit he will have also see me fire 3 on weak / mid and strong hands

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com