Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

STT $ 1,50, A3s, Push?

Old
STT $ 1,50, A3s, Push? - Wed Jul 11, 2012, 02:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

[English]

I don't know if is a good oportunity to push and steal the pot.

[Portuguese]

Não sei se é uma boa oportunidade de ir all in e roubar o pot.

Old
Wed Jul 11, 2012, 05:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ahcrata!

As the lowest stack remaining, I want to be looking for situations where I can gain chips, however, as the low stack, I have to be ready to play for all of my chips when I get into a hand.

When I want to steal, I try to do it from late position (button or cutoff) and not from early or mid position. With A3s here, there are 5 people that could easily have a better hand and take me out of the tourney. Also, if multiple opps have a hand, then I could be in a multi-way pot and A3s does not play very well in muti-way.

Due to this, I'm going to muck A3s here and look for a better situation where I can be in position or with better cards.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 11, 2012, 06:29 PM
(#3)
Which hands can I push here?

Last edited by ahcrata; Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 06:37 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 11, 2012, 06:36 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Depending on how the opps would be playing, I'd want to have AQ+, JJ+ and from early/mid position, AQ might not even be good enough.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
(#5)
That range Is not very tight?

Old
Wed Jul 11, 2012, 06:50 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcrata View Post
That range Is not very tight?
It's a really tight range. That means the only hands I'd do it with are AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs, AKo, AQs and AQo (top 4.2% of hands).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 12, 2012, 08:40 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
hi,
A3s isn't a great hand, but it has some potential. It would be a brave move to shove here, and if you get called you will probably be way behind. Unless you flop the nuts with spades you'd likely be busted. Still there is 150 in the pot and that would help your stack. Shoving is a gamble that might pay off. folding is safe, but doesn't win any chips.

~'If you want to win... you have to have White Magic.'- PH~

Last edited by SothAAAA; Thu Jul 12, 2012 at 08:44 AM..

Old
Thu Jul 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2010
I agree with JWK24. Based on position your hand isn't strong enough to push here. Too many players left to act behind you. When you push here you're attempting to steal the big blinds and end the hand immediately. You definitely don't want to get called.

The last thing you want is to run into a big hand and get bounced with so many people left to act behind you.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com