Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

micro millions $3.30 NL 6-max

Old
micro millions $3.30 NL 6-max - Thu Jul 12, 2012, 04:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
BronzeStar

Hi. I found myself playing on the same table as DaWarsaw ( team online) and he eventually knocked me out.I was playing quite aggressively and i thought he might be opening a bit loose against me so I felt that i was ahead on the flop and tried a semi-bluff check-raise but got unlucky on the river. how do you evaluate my play and his play? maybe i should have folded pre flop after the 4bet or just play it safe n fold on the flop? how do you play against a pro? thank you

Old
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 10:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Funny I was just thinking about how to play that same scenario this morning. You don't wanna go all in preflop with JJ cos A, K, Q always calls and hits. Bet too low and theres a K or A on the flop which is scary. Do you just call to see a flop? No you don't want the blinds to call and hit low trips against u on the flop.

Have played against u a couple of times nitish I like your style. I'll be watching this thread too for tips. Good luck!

Old
How deep 50bb+ flatting 4bet oop - Sat Jul 21, 2012, 11:41 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Looking at this hand the btn has a similar stack size to you.

Ok - I don't what stage of the tournament this is but your 3bet is nearly 10% of your stack and you should be comfortable at 50-60bb no big tournament decisions?

The btn just chipped over a min open raise and you 3bet nothing too much - good.

Now flatting the 4bet oop - you don't have enough money behind to take this to later streets.

Shoving pre is a flip. Never call a 4bet oop with your stack on the line, with 2 pot size bets behind.

Hindsight - yes. Unfortunately I would have done a big 3bet and folded to the shove.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
During the WBCOOP series, there were all those PokerStars pros who were participating, and so before the series started I decided that if I wound up at the same table as one of them, I was going to just stick to playing AA.

Then one day, I wound up at the same table as both Andre Akkari (aakari - Team PokerStars) and Richard Veenman (tzen1 - Team Online), got dealt AA ... and wound up folding those too ... bwahahaha! lol so lame, but after watching them play for over an hour, I guess I just didn't feel ready.

I blogged about it in my February Blog: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...peed)&p=339822

So that's awesome that you gave the hand a shot ... hopefully next time your JJs'll hold

Old
JJ Off - Tue Aug 21, 2012, 06:38 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
I would have done the same as you,
or I would have pushed all in after the Warsaw player's re raise.
JJ are nice eventhough they weren't connected.
in the situation I would have been in warsaw's player seat,
I would have folded once having seen the flop and your following raise...
(no top or second premium Pair hitted, No further possibilities to hit a set)
the important things is the result...
he gets lucky at the end .. right ?

Old
Welcome - Tue Aug 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi cheihmi. Welcome to the forum.Here is an overview of all there available features. You can get your own hands reviewed. Here are the instructions for the hand replayer you can use.

Good luck
doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com