Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Cant help but feel resentment

Old
Cant help but feel resentment - Thu Jul 12, 2012, 09:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
Towards people who multi table alot of tables. After all multi tabling 9 -10 tables and going all in when you get monster hands is hardly skill is it.

Old
Thu Jul 12, 2012, 09:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
well speaking as a player that plays 6 tables and trying to build towards 12 i say why not?

If i only push my monsters and get paid then its not me without the skill its the other players who fail to pick up how tight i am playing.

however what i expect will happen if i only shove premier hands is i will go bust as i will

A) blind down as i don't get the prems that often

B) get no callers to a shove.

Are you saying that Randy Lew has not skill base or are you bitter because a really tight player who was multi tabling and shoved and you called him ?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Not sure where you're coming from with this comment, but it takes a lot of skill to multi-table. Just shoving monsters wouldn't work for the reasons stated by GradeB, although most who multi play a fairly ABC strategy.

Your job is to figure out how to exploit whatever strategy the other players employ - even the pros can be beaten.

Old
Thu Jul 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
(#4)
so to look at it another way why am I multi tabling.

Well starting at the 1/2 cent tables NLHE and trying to build up to 25/50 cent by the this time next year.

So i looked at the win rate for a good play and found that 4bb/100hands is great.

That means for every 100 hands i play i (if I'm playing my A game can expect to have 8c profit (averaged out over 1000's of hands.) at the speed of most tables that's 8c per 2 hours or 4c per hour.

I started with $70 and I aim to get to $150 to move to next level and start some Sit and go's too.

so i need to make 8000 c at 4c an hour is 2000 hours of play. I only set my self 4 hours to play during the holidays and 2 when I'm working even if i do 4 per day it will take me well over a year to get to the next level. By multi tabling I can bring this number down.

And thats a high number for bb per 100 hands i don't think i will be able to make that in anything other than the 1/2 level afetr that i hope i can be over 1bb/100

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Thu Jul 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: correct one of the spelling errors

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 07:39 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
Sorry i was meaning the $1.50 9 man hyper turbo's.

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 07:54 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
i made the mistake of trying to multi table a few heads up sngs once never again lol

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 08:36 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio022 View Post
Sorry i was meaning the $1.50 9 man hyper turbo's.
Ok only ever played two of these, but i think the same thing applies, knowing when to push/having the patiance to wait for the right moment to push is a skill. In fact with the hyper terbos that is the whole idea.

In his Sit and go videos Spacegravy uses them as a recommendation to practice push fold ranges.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 08:45 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2011
hi horatio your strategy for hyper turbos should be a push or fold approach, with the blinds on rapid increase theres no time to try and out play anyone, thoose hypers are a lottery, and if you get the cards its all good.

hope this helps different thinking for a different format.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com