Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Speed Limit :150 vpp

Old
Speed Limit :150 vpp - Fri Jul 13, 2012, 12:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
I CAN'T DRIVE 55 !

Last couple months here I've learned alot and managed to con my way into premier league , but the first couple weeks into July now and I only have 42 vpps.
I got most of my vpp's via ring games and managed to earn a few bucks as well , but with my limited bankroll I really don't like risking it at ring games.I know there's plenty of time to get there , but I still have alot to learn and was wondering how everyone else gets their 150 so easily ?
Or should I even bother trying and just stick with my 20 thats achievable?
I'm currently sitting in 59th in premier league and cant help but think how that $50 prize would be nice for my bankroll.

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 05:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
HI Deanihilator.

As far as i know the only way to increase your vpp's is to play real money games, either cash ring games, or tournaments with a cash buy in. As an example you get 1.66vpp's for buying into a $1.50 single table sit and go, you don't need to be itm to get the points.

This link will explain all you need to know about the vpp structure.

Imo the quickest way to build your vpp holding is to play in cash ring games at a level your bankroll can sustain. The method i use is to multi table ring games, with the objective of building points and not my bankroll. in other words playing good solid conservative poker, not playing marginal hands, and aim to finish a session at least on breakeven as far as stack is concerned.

Hope that helps

Regards

Tony

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 09:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Deanihilator,

I would not play extra games to get the VPP's if it means playing out of your comfort zone (been there done that lost the bank roll)

Rather continue to work on your game and when it comes its a nice bonus in the prem.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 10:24 AM
(#4)
Exactly what Grade said

VPP's should be your last thing in your mind
First learn to play
Work on your bankroll
Find a game you are good at (cash, mtt's, turbo's, satellites etc)
Vpp's will come with your efforts

But DON'T make VPP's THE priority

Good Luck

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 04:22 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Exactly what Grade said

VPP's should be your last thing in your mind
First learn to play
Work on your bankroll
Find a game you are good at (cash, mtt's, turbo's, satellites etc)
Vpp's will come with your efforts

But DON'T make VPP's THE priority

Good Luck
Dittox1000

But look at it as a simple calculation

150vpps/30 days per month = 5vpps per day

Just play what you are comfortable with (game&bankroll)
And the vpps will surely follow

Good luck in your quest

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Thanks everyone.

Like I said I'm still taking in alot of information and feel that my game has gotten better.
I'm not too keen on multi tabling I can barely keep my head above water while playing on one table
I think for this month I'm gonna just stick with what I have for now and see what happens in August.
I like what Spike said about 5 vpps per day , but lately I haven't been playing daily so I'm gonna try to figure out an average that I can obtain and work on my game some more.
As far as tournies go that's kinda hard to reach my goal.When I get home from work its usually around 3:30pm and if I choose to play premier tourney that starts at 5:00 pm my time and that gives me hour and half to grab shower and something to eat before it starts. If I make it deep it's way past my bedtime and I need my beauty sleep so playing anything else is out of question.
Plus if I do play any other tournies its usually a ten center with my miniscule bankroll and that would never get me there.Maybe in future I'll step up to the plate and play some higher buyin tournies.
After some thought while writing this post I think the best advice here is to take it slow and work on my game first then vpps.
I'd really like to make sleepy's list and that requires four final tables and I'm halfway there right now
I appreciate all the replies , but please call me Dean , Deano ,Deaner or just plain old D
D stands for dirt and i'm old like dirt

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 08:04 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey Dean!

I agree with the other replies too. For me, the bottom line is priority #1. Whatever VPP's I get is an afterthought (unless I need to only get a couple of them at the end of the month).
Anything that would affect using good BRM or would hurt the bottom line, while it might be nice to get... I'm not sacrificing on playing good, correct poker, as that is what will help the bottom line the most.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 14, 2012, 11:48 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar

I thought about it during my ten hour sleep last night LOL and I figured If I play ring games once a week with small buyin maybe $5 or less , but no more and just concentrate on my game and forget about the vpps all together.
As long as I get my 20vpps per month and qualify for premier league each month that's really my only goal for now.
Even though this is only my second month in premier , my game has improved ten fold and would hate to start over grinding through open league to get back here.

I may drop the small buyin tournies I've been playing and go back to hubble's freerolls as well.I've had some success there in the past.I think overall I've won five or six tickets since coming back to pokerstars even though I've only made small cashes in the weekly round two, I know I can go deeper If I put in the effort.Once I made premier league I kinda stopped playing those and maybe got ahead of myself

Thanks everyone
Dean

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com