Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

medium pair pre flop against tilting / extreme lag but pick up a tag too

Old
medium pair pre flop against tilting / extreme lag but pick up a tag too - Fri Jul 13, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

this hand put me on tilt. After dropping 2 by ins shortly after this went for a bike ride now back.

so history very previous hand jokerface spewed up his stack with 67s Broken flush playing the board on a AAKK6 board to me had the A. When he raised next hand i wanted to get it in with him. but when Tevesh calls having raised (playing very TAG it puts me in two minds.

thoughts much appriciated

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 02:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
hey B, i would probably call preflop ,but technically thats an instanst muck on the SB out of posistion against a TAG raise,he may of been isolating but i would say at least two overs.

The joker player may of been trying a steal on atc but however when the other opp calls that smells of danger,

Your 8s had just become weak 3 way.

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 10:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Grade B.

There is just enough moeny in the pot to risk a set mine vs a TAG who may well have a range strong enough to stack off if you flop the set. When the LAG jams, and the TAG calls, those implied odds have evaporated, and 88 becomes a muck.

Even if the TAG were simply isolating on the LAg, far too often an over will fall without you holding a set to make it possible to continue here, and a reshove over the TAg's call is pretty risky given the size of the pot already.

Just let this go and find a better spot in my opinion.

hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
TY Jdean,

That makes me feel a little better!!! yes was an 8 on the flop.

to be fair you are spot on Lag was holding Q4 and TAG AA, so i good fold next time i will close my eyes till after the hand is over

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com