Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Bye all

Old
Default
Bye all - Fri Jul 13, 2012, 11:31 AM
(#1)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
Hi guys n girls, i decided to kick poker in the head and close not just stars but all my online poker accounts.
I would just like to say thanks for trying to turn me into a poker player i felt like at times i came so close but my heart just is not in it no more

Thanks all for putting up with me and i hope the future brings you all joy and wealth.

Gl.
Paul
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 11:48 AM
(#2)
wiltshireman's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,572
(Moderator)
Sorry to hear that, but the very best in what ever you chose to do in the future.

Your welcome to come back when ever you feel like it, and continue to contribute to the forums.

Nice to have met you.

Regards

Tony


Moderator
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
(#3)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Good fortune in all your future endeavors PP and good health to you and yours.

If you decide to find your way back to this crazy game that makes ALL of us feel as you do right now at times then we'll be here for you.
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 14, 2012, 11:54 AM
(#4)
TheAwesomeNW's Avatar
Since: Mar 2012
Posts: 474
Heys sorry to hear that, I'm sure this game has its crazy swings which everyone goes through. All the best and hope to see you back here
 
Old
Default
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 08:05 AM
(#5)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
just me then left now bro, you should of remembered the time you use to use BR management, when you were playing the 45ppl tourneys,

When your rankings and winnings were doing ok,

You had it for a while bro then for some reason just went mad and went to the bigger stakes, bigger stakes,bigger losses, more pressure, less fun

You have how many different poker sites bro? 2 hrs to shut them all wow,

Stick to one site, be confident, stick to BR management, sit tight, its as simple as that to be a winning player.

speak laters bro will come down visit you
 
Old
Default
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 01:21 PM
(#6)
TrustySam's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,291
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post

You have how many different poker sites bro? 2 hrs to shut them all wow,


I stopped playing about 6 months in ... then I came back about 2 or 3 months later! Not sure why. And not sure why it was different when I did, but for some reason it was. Maybe it changed my expectations, or my approach or something?

Maybe you'll wind up deciding the same thing?

That was a great tip about the color coding with your HUD, so you can have like a two-tiered system I really enjoyed your posts - hopefully we'll still see you around every once in a while
 
Old
Default
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 05:02 PM
(#7)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
Thanks for all your kind words, and while I have closed all my online poker accounts I have only self excluded for 6 months off stars so maybe one day I will try again.

To you bro,
It had nothing to do with the stakes I was playing at, I wanted to test myself, at no time have I ever played at a level where I did not grind them BB,s up that morning at a lower stake game, so to play at 50/100nl I would start the day with 2$ at 2nl and every time I gained 100bb for the next level I would move up, this was my last desperate attempt to keep myself interested in poker,
I wake up in the morning and start to play poker, the world passes by me, I would stop at tea time for something eat and then I was off again, then come night time its tv time so I would find some poker videos to watch, I either then fall asleep after midnight or get the urge to play again it was taking over my life, which at times I really didn't mind hehe, but I have to think about my son and mrs I am not really being the man of the house stuck at my desk 24/7.

Sam don't forget to colour code your hand sample size, try to use dark colours and then lighter colours the more hands you have on them hope it works out for you

Well it's 22.02pm Tv time it just so happens I have got 14 episodes of the world poker tour to watch well what did u expect every poker junky needs a small fix

GL ALL.
Paul.
 
Old
Default
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 06:04 PM
(#8)
TrustySam's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,291
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post

Sam don't forget to colour code your hand sample size, try to use dark colours and then lighter colours the more hands you have on them hope it works out for you

Well it's 22.02pm Tv time it just so happens I have got 14 episodes of the world poker tour to watch
That's what got me hooked again - watching those shows lol lol!!! I didn't want to mention that, because then it's like that 'thing' where somebody says 'don't think about a white elephant', and then you can't stop thinking about a white elephant

I made that mistake about 20-30 times with the hand sample size before I caught on ... d'oh!! So costly - I have the colors changing at 100 ... you think that's enough of a sample, or did you wait for higher?
 
Old
Default
Mon Jul 16, 2012, 06:58 AM
(#9)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
Personally I used 150 hands+ sam but each to there own my friend.
I would use a really dark colour for anything less than 25 hands and classed that as an instant warning, 25+ I would use the colour red and then at 150+ my HUD would turn bright green the charge! sign hehe. The same applied for the vpip and pfr and cb and so on the colour burgundy meant I had little to 0 info on the opps, red meant danger and bright green meant attack its so easy that way to spot an opps leaks and attack them, so you can make a move just as easy with 97o as you would with AK .

example I am sitting on the sb with junk cards its folded around to the button where a loose passive player limps in and he had a FCB of 75%+(bright green) the opp on the BB is a nit so I isolation bet if the nit 3bets me its an easy hand to get away from pref but he folds as expected and I fire off a bet on the flop and the lp player sits there thinks about it then folds, personally I would rather make moves like this than blind steal on the btn, its easy to spot a btn blind stealer but not so easy to spot the move I made and I gain more bb,s than a common blind steal. Now a flip side to this play is if the opp on the BB who we assumed was a nit starts to reraise you on a regular basis, he has basically worked you out and has position on you so its time to move tables or as I like to call it FIGHT FOR THE FISHY !!!! by sticking it back in his face and letting him know your not just going to lie down and give up, if the fish to your right has less than 20bb then its time to change tables anyway and not worth the agro but if he,s deep mmmmmm tasty hehe.
Poker has stopped being about my holdings so I am not sure anymore if this means I have advanced as a poker player or iv'e gone mad lol.
Gl.

Paul.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jul 16, 2012, 07:00 AM
(#10)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
hehe I like that well its 22.02pm like it could ever be 22.02am lmao I was tired
 
Old
Default
Mon Jul 16, 2012, 10:47 PM
(#11)
TrustySam's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,291
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
Personally I used 150 hands+ sam but each to there own my friend.
I would use a really dark colour for anything less than 25 hands and classed that as an instant warning, 25+ I would use the colour red and then at 150+ my HUD would turn bright green the charge! sign hehe. The same applied for the vpip and pfr and cb and so on the colour burgundy meant I had little to 0 info on the opps, red meant danger and bright green meant attack its so easy that way to spot an opps leaks and attack them, so you can make a move just as easy with 97o as you would with AK .

example I am sitting on the sb with junk cards its folded around to the button where a loose passive player limps in and he had a FCB of 75%+(bright green) the opp on the BB is a nit so I isolation bet if the nit 3bets me its an easy hand to get away from pref but he folds as expected and I fire off a bet on the flop and the lp player sits there thinks about it then folds, personally I would rather make moves like this than blind steal on the btn, its easy to spot a btn blind stealer but not so easy to spot the move I made and I gain more bb,s than a common blind steal. Now a flip side to this play is if the opp on the BB who we assumed was a nit starts to reraise you on a regular basis, he has basically worked you out and has position on you so its time to move tables or as I like to call it FIGHT FOR THE FISHY !!!! by sticking it back in his face and letting him know your not just going to lie down and give up, if the fish to your right has less than 20bb then its time to change tables anyway and not worth the agro but if he,s deep mmmmmm tasty hehe.
Poker has stopped being about my holdings so I am not sure anymore if this means I have advanced as a poker player or iv'e gone mad lol.
Gl.

Paul.
haha - that was both informative and lol funny!!


Some nice tips about the notes, and then about being more creative with getting chips out of nothing.

And then in the third paragraph ... lol. Also, another thing to wonder about - if this game is so crazy all the time, then how come it's so addictive and so much fun?


Hey, ok so thx for the tip on the notes! I added another color and upped the danger zone to 150, so now if I make a miscalculation I won't be able to use my HUD as an excuse anymore
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 17, 2012, 04:59 AM
(#12)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
Well I am not sure if the game is so crazy or just me hehe. But by playing the way I do I can see
other movers and shakers at the table I pick up on it and find it is best not to try and get to fancy with that type of player I look at it this way if they are making them moves there skill level is at a bare minimum the same as mine if not a level above me so I try to stick to attacking the lp and tag players. Yeah the tags I love them when I have position on them I like to float that flop and watch for a turn scare card and then fire a shot off and watch them talk themselves into a fold hehe, and playing oop against a tag I hit my set check raise and then check the turn there like wtf my betting line makes no sense so then they bet for me trying to extract value out of this crazy lag
Try to keep your eyes open for them tags that barrel 3 times with top pair top kicker these are not the type of player you want to try and bluff while there play style differs from the the passive players there all in the same skill zone (weak) just play solid poker vs these guys you can still call ip with weaker holdings but your playing to hit 2 pair or better.
I hope that a look into how the pest's mind ticks can bring you a few good tips Sam and the live trainers probably cringe at some of the stuff I type but i never wanted to play the same as everyone else and it is only because of pso that i have started to develop my own playing style, without pso i would of never started to piece my game together bit by bit, i know i still have a couple of huge leaks even though leak tracker says i do not, i can now see my leaks without having to ask about them and if or when i do come back i hope to have them plugged by then once and for all.
I will pop back in a couple of weeks to say hi, and wish you all the best at the tables.
Gl.
Paul.
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 17, 2012, 07:46 AM
(#13)
TrustySam's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,291
BronzeStar
ya ya, the tips have been great!!

Hope you enjoy your break!!
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com