Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

STT $ 1,50, A3o, Fold?

Old
STT $ 1,50, A3o, Fold? - Fri Jul 13, 2012, 02:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

That hand in this position is so weak. I think the fold is the better option. What is the bottom range to push in this situation?

Old
Fri Jul 13, 2012, 05:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ahcrata!

With A3o, my first instinct here is to muck, but I need to check the math to see if it's correct.

I then went into an ICM Calculator to get a push range for this situation and here is the result that I received. 22+ A2s+ A9o+ K7s+ KTo+ Q8s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo T8s+ 98s

From this range, for non-suited aces, I should only be pushing A9 or better. Since A3 is a worse hand than A9, mucking is the correct play per the ICM calc.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com